• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    (( Ran across this in the media today Hunting season is upon us again an thought about the members in our forum.. We think safely, but there is always that one time... ))
    Another Hunter Mauled by Grizzly in Billings Montana, A 4th hunter has been attacked in less than 10 days...
    Park spokesman Morgan Jacobson Ohio man mauled less than 8 miles from where 3 hunters were injured in 2 separate attacks last week..The last hunter was aware of previous attacks and shot several times at the bear..The first 2 were New Mexico hunters attacks on Sept 16th...… ………………………. (( So gents we havent had Bear attacks or Hog,,, But there is always a first.... So from me to you all hunting this season, May you harvest plenty and safely,, olecarver… )) We have a few seasoned hunters among us,, I hope to learn from you members what may have sparked such rage out of one of Natures Beautiful creatures,, Thanks olecarver

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come between or close enough to a Cub(s) and momma bear will fight to the death. The smell of a fresh kill/gut pile or meat on your backrack, hanging in camp or good smells from the camp can draw them. It may be a young or old starving, old or injured maybe shot or shot again looking for any or an easy meal, bears that have lost fear of humans from prior exposure/proximity (bears and fisherman). There's even speculation that a shot signals a free gut pile/meal just find and follow the scent.

They can be extremely quiet while stalking. It is imperative you WEAR a large caliber handgun at all times. A rifle 3 feet away or at your feet is no good to you after your bowled over. I have no faith in any form of bear spray, ZERO.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    oc, I have had hogs "attack" me in the past. A couple in the river swamp and one on a hunting club that I belonged to when I was "guiding" a older gentlemen when I first moved down here.
    Had to shoot two. The other one . . . well . . . "escaped".
    Have a friend that is a guide out west. He always has one person standing watch,with rifle in hand,while field processing a game animal.
    He also states,a gunshot is like a dinner bell. --- SAWMAN

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He also states,a gunshot is like a dinner bell. --- SAWMAN

We've definitely seen that with sharks while spearfishing around here. Hit a fish, put some blood in the water, and a shark shows up.
    After a while, just the sound of the speargun firing on a clean miss will make him show up.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Back in my diving days we had a "cure" for a shark problem. It was called a "shark dart". We would just inflate their ass. They would quickly rise to the top without blood. When we got back on the boat we would use a Ithaca 37 (buckshot) to deflate them. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come between or close enough to a Cub(s) and momma bear will fight to the death. The smell of a fresh kill/gut pile or meat on your backrack, hanging in camp or good smells from the camp can draw them. It may be a young or old starving, old or injured maybe shot or shot again looking for any or an easy meal, bears that have lost fear of humans from prior exposure/proximity (bears and fisherman). There's even speculation that a shot signals a free gut pile/meal just find and follow the scent.

They can be extremely quiet while stalking. It is imperative you WEAR a large caliber handgun at all times. A rifle 3 feet away or at your feet is no good to you after your bowled over. I have no faith in any form of bear spray, ZERO.
    It is imperative that you have immediate access to a close range weapon that you are proficient with that can penetrate deeply into a bear. Bears have been killed with 9mm pistols and completely missed with larger caliber handguns, and any gun is pretty much useless especially when the gun was left somewhere than other on the hunter.

Top Bottom