• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've thought about this for a long time and while a democracy can never be perfect I think I have a solution to many of our problems.
    the greatest problem, as see it, is professional politicians. liberal or conservative they all are beholden to special interest. they owe political
    favors to be able to get money to be reelected. I think we should demand a constitutional amendment that limits presidents, senators, and
    representatives to one six year term with no possibility to run for office again. also, limit federal judges to a single twelve year term. we would need
    to stagger the election cycle to every three years and have federal judges be re-affirmed after six years.

the founding fathers did not envision the mess we have now, so lets change it. what say you?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally, someone that understands the problem. Congressmen spend the VAST MAJORITY of their time speaking with special interest groups raising funds for reelection. Almost all their time, in fact.

These very players, sitting congressman, special interest groups, etc, will never, ever, ever, ever. let it happen. Why should they? They have a very sweet deal. Incredibly sweet.

The right answer, but would be blocked every millimeter of the way.

If anyone tried this the airwaves and print media would be flooded, overwhelmingly, and instantly.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the founding fathers did not envision the mess we have now, so lets change it. what say you?
    Absolutely agree. As Ronald Reagan once said... "The one thing our Founding Fathers could not foresee -- they were farmers, professional men, businessmen giving of their time and effort to an idea that became a country -- was a nation governed by professional politicians who had an interest in getting re-elected. They probably envisioned a fellow serving a couple of hitches and then eagerly looking forward to getting back to the farm."

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, but then you create a whole new problem. What are these senators going to do after the 6 year term? They can't retire. They are going to all want jobs, and HIGH paying jobs. Enter back the special interest groups. Instead of spending 6 years trying to get re elected, it will become a 6 year job interview.....

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Article V of the constitution is the only way to put term limits on these swamp monkeys. A convention of states to amend the constitution and make it law, and do away with entrenched career politician. They will never vote themselves out of power

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd add:
    No Class exemptions, every law that applies to citizens applies equally to politicians
    Eliminate the politician retirement benefits. They can pay into a transferable 401K.
    Mandatory retirement for SCOTUS Jurists on Dec 31 of the year they become 80 YO.
    Political speech no longer protected against liable for lies and distortions.
    Politicians will have a % pay reduction equal to the annual % of cost of living increases.
    Politicians will be penalized the forfeiture of all pay and allowances until a balanced budget is acheived that also reduces the National debt by 10% per year.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd add:
    No Class exemptions, every law that applies to citizens applies equally to politicians
    Eliminate the politician retirement benefits. They can pay into a transferable 401K.
    Mandatory retirement for SCOTUS Jurists on Dec 31 of the year they become 80 YO.
    Political speech no longer protected against liable for lies and distortions.
    Politicians will have a % pay reduction equal to the annual % of cost of living increases.
    Politicians will be penalized the forfeiture of all pay and allowances until a balanced budget is acheived that also reduces the National debt by 10% per year.

One can dream Wildrider!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First off change the name of lobbying back to what it is bribery and then maybe the sheep will get into enough of an uproar to finally get the money out of politics.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Our political system just pisses me off. Both parties have imposters in their ranks. The Republicans have had control of both houses for how long now and haven't been able to pass shit because their own side is defecting and backing Democrats. I mean the idiots can't even get behind their own President. Instead of the Republicans standing behind Trump when it comes to the Charlottesville the bastards are criticizing him when Trump was right. All sides had a part in this violence, the media just sucks. A good investigative journalist should be able to piece together exactly what happened but they won't because the truth paints the liberals (Antifa) as just as guilty as the white supremacists. Below is a quote out a daily stock market report I get, just pisses me off.

Top Republicans have also been critical of Trump's insistence that violence at a rally of white supremacists was perpetrated by many sides.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Republicans did nothing to stop Obama, but now they are banding together against Trump. Terms limits need to be in place and the two party system needs to be gone.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say again, there are NOT two political parties running this country.

The two in charge, and they are collectively in charge as a board of directors would be, are opposite sides of the same coin. The President is a figurehead with powers controlled by those really in charge. Make no mistake, they work together for their own benefit, and anything that benefits us is simply fallout from what they did for themselves.

They have rewritten and reinterpreted to the point where we can LEGALLY do nothing beyond write polite letters and cast a token vote to make changes. They have set the stage to where they are legally right and we are legally wrong, truth be damned. Show me one member of the senate or congress who actually openly supports and fights for less for them and more for us. Don't believe there are any, but I'm willing, and hoping, to be proved wrong.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have already legislated away at the Constitution and reinterpreted it to mean whatever serves their purpose. NFA and the current interpretation of what the 2nd Amendment means and allows is a painful illustration of what selfish interest combined with legalese can do. A growing number of people believe the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to own only the type of weapon the government allows, and to use to use them only for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense within our own homes. You will never see the government support any more than that. When they openly support the 2A, it's only for the reasons I just mentioned.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wondering what will happen when the Mexicans and Native Americans start "PROSTESTING" how we stole "TEXAS",
    "CALIFORNIA" NEW MEXICO and the other westerns states and the NATIVE AMERICANS start there protest on how we screwed them along with the MEXICANS and stole NORTH AMERICA from them for a few "BEADS", http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...ought-24/RK=1/RS=tEXLfIMiewsjCxK20CJBoivqtkM- killed all the BUFFALO and gave them the "WHITE MAN SICKNESS", starting with them "SMALLPOX BLANKETS and the "LITTLE BIG HORN" and the OKLAHOMA OIL FIELD?
    JUST SAYING WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey, I'm full blooded German. Ever read what the US Military did to the Germans during the last days of the war. They got the sheet bombed out of them,the factories,the schools,the churchs,the homes . . . .
    I DEMAND REPARATIONS !! I demand to be called a "German American". I demand to get preferance on my college applications. I demand to get low cost/free housing.
    Why the hell is there no NAAGP(National Association for the Advencement of German People),GLM(German Lives Matter,UGCF(United German College Fund), Congressional German Caucus,and on and on and on.
    I am proud to be German,definatley as proud as the rest. I am also proud to be an AMERICAN. I forgive them for what they did to my grandparents country.
    Let's all remember also,there were alot of humans held as slaves besides black people. Humans that were not sold into slavery by their chiefs and tribal elders. Most of these people are not demanding stuff for free and using it to get a free pair of Air Jordans. ---- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    CLM, cracker lives matter.....oppressed rednecks, rise up!!

free cheese grits and fried crackers for all...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Wondering what will happen when the Mexicans and Native Americans start "PROSTESTING" how we stole "TEXAS",
    "CALIFORNIA" NEW MEXICO and the other westerns states and the NATIVE AMERICANS start there protest on how we screwed them along with the MEXICANS and stole NORTH AMERICA from them for a few "BEADS", http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...ought-24/RK=1/RS=tEXLfIMiewsjCxK20CJBoivqtkM- killed all the BUFFALO and gave them the "WHITE MAN SICKNESS", starting with them "SMALLPOX BLANKETS and the "LITTLE BIG HORN" and the OKLAHOMA OIL FIELD?
    JUST SAYING WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET?

already seen articles months ago about the whiteman stealing Nevada....regardless of the fact we bought it, it was not a big thing until silver was discovered in NV...

Top Bottom