• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Several, heavy for caliber, components are on the list.

75 and 80gr amax in .223

105amax in 6mm

178hpbt and 208hpbt in .30

162amax and 162hpbt in 7mm (these guy will be crying' the most)

Looks like a lot of long range shooters will be singing the blues.

Glad I'm a 6.5 man.

Looks like .338 shooters were spared as well.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There does not appear to be any evidence of this non-production by Hornady. Looks like an urban legend.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hornady is the one who released the list. Check the link I posted and it has all the pages that were sent out

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That link only works for registered users. Hornady had to have "sent" this in some official manner. I can't see Hornady logging into forums to announce this. The Hornady website still states that they have not stopped production. Post a link to the Hornady website, or to Hornady press release stating that they have stopped production. Thanks,

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this will clarify things up...

Published on Jul 8, 2013

For over half a year, Hornady Manufacturing, along with the rest of the shooting sports industry, has experienced an unbelievable spike in demand. This dramatic increase in demand is unprecedented. As stated earlier this year in our "Word on Availability" (www.hornady.com/support/faqs/product-av*ailability) we have been continuously growing for a number of years; adding people, equipment and manufacturing space as rapidly as we can. We are producing and shipping product at record levels and are continually looking to grow and improve our ability to fulfill orders. But the current state of the industry is such that our increase in shipments this year is overshadowed by a 200% increase in demand.

One area that we have identified that will enable us to increase production, is the minimization of machinery downtime. The largest period of downtime our machines experience is during change over and retooling to convert a machine from manufacturing one bullet or cartridge to another. Under normal market conditions, we can keep the supply chain full by making popular items on a regular basis and keeping specialty or less-used products on a seasonal basis. However, with demand at record levels, it has become difficult to justify shutting down a machine to change it over to produce a product of less demand. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending some items in order to focus our efforts on the most popular and highest demand products and ship more total product.

We realize that many of the suspended items are going to disappoint some of our customers. We have painstakingly reviewed our order status and order history and unfortunately had to make some tough decisions. It wasn't easy, but we know that we will do a better job of servicing the industry as a whole by focusing on the items of highest demand.

We are not alone; this is effectively already happening throughout our industry, but is accomplished through selective manufacture with no notification to the industry. We are simply making every effort to be up-front about our plans to maximize production.

Again, this is only temporary. This is not a permanent suspension. We will continue to push as hard as we can to meet the demand of our industry and will produce our full catalog of items as soon as we can. Please know that nobody wants to produce more and get our product to into your hands more than we do.

And lastly, we feel compelled to address some of the conspiracy theories that we have seen posted. NO, this is not a conspiracy effort to shape the industry, nor is it controlled by the government. We are simply being forthright about our manufacturing plans and our efforts to supply MORE product to the very hungry shooting sports industry.

We truly appreciate your patience during this period of time. Thank you for your understanding.

The Team at Hornady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p2pl3ZsH8s

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry Frank, I didn't open your link until after I posted mine. Anyway, I think together we pretty well have it covered. :thumb:

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew it was nonsense. Don't be gullible. This is an incredible demonstration of the power of gossip.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys, lets start a rumor that zombies are attacking and see if we can get people to believe it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Frankly, I haven't used a Hornady in quite some time now. Some years ago I used the .284" 120gr HP's,and the 162gr BTHP's by the hundreds. Most all my reloads now are loaded with Barnes TSX or TTSX,Berger(Hunting),NosParts,and hardcast.

IF.....Hornady frigged up by diversifying too much,offering too much variety in their bullet design(s),they should simply acknowledge this,cut back,and move on. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom