• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I load all my SG with 2 rnds bird( turkey) shot and 2 rnds 00 buck and a slug( in case the buckshot didn't stop them).

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Federal, low recoil, 2.75", #4 buck. It puts a hell of a lot more pellets in the chest of a home invader than 00 buck does and the ones that might miss will carry a lot less energy should they pass through a wall and strike an innocent person across the street or in another room.

34, 24 caliber pellets at 1100 fps.

Both fired at 1100 fps, the 00 buck will have 144.5 foot pounds of ke per each pellet.
    Where as each pellet of #4 buck will have 55.6 foot pounds of ke. That's more than plenty when a bunch of it goes inside someone's chest at typical home distances but faaaaar less lethal if they miss and penetrate sheetrock or a window.

Last edited:

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mine is loaded with Winchester PDX1 defenders in my 12 gauge and my bedside gun is a 410 and it's loaded with PDX1 Elite I've shot both and they both have the knockdown I need and both will clear a door with ease

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Federal Flite Control wad is the ticket . Dramaticlly cuts spread out of a cylinder bore . Shot size is personal preferance . Shotgun recoil is determined by the wieght of the shot charge irregardless of shot size . A load with 1 1/4oz of shot is going to kick less than a load with a heavier shot charge .

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone ever drill a 1/4" hole in the crimp of a bird shot shell and add a lil Elmer's glue ?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    00 buck is all you need. 9 pellet loads are ok. 12's are better if you can find them.

Remember rule #2, do not point at anything you don't intend to destroy, and if that's the case, 00 will get the job done. Maybe a slug or 2 at the end, but that's it. Bird shot is for bird sized targets. Rifled in a smooth bore, sabot in a rifled bore.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and picked up a box of Winchester PDXI. As "cool" as they are I hope I never have to use them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom