• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $10 a 50 is what I pay, I think bulk is 8.5 for 56lbs, Sawman takes his barrels there and the fill them up.

If it is good enough for the sawman, then it should be good enough for the rest of the pack, where is there?

8.50 per pound = about .15 cents a pound, you got to pay tax on the stuff?

.20cent a pound in bags isn't that back if you say it fast enough.

What about that dog/hog fernal that you where talking about a while back, remember?

That is some rough stuff, build a fire and burned some of it in the fire and took some of the smoke it and woke up a few days later running with a pack of nice hogs ,bad stuff to the bone :hippie: :hippie:

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live about a mile from Grain Elevator in Walnut Hill. Last barrel I bought about two weeks ago was about 55 dollars for around 350 lbs. The blue plastic barrels hold about 340 to 360 lbs.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went out this past Saturday night with high hopes. Only saw deer!:censored:

Checked cameras and had the typical deer and hogs that I have been having on camera and got a new hog that showed up all alone.

270197_988291813622_269206779_n.jpg

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ticks and heat have pretty much done me in when it comes to hog hunting recently. I'll get back at them in Sept maybe when it starts to cool off some hopefully. I am sure this guy and his buddy will still be hanging around. They have been waiting patiently so far it seems.

PICT0036.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0036.jpg
      PICT0036.jpg
      248.8 KB · Views: 179

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not seeing the ticks but biting flies and skeeters are all over. getting ready to get back after it soon...is there a day it does not rain???lol

I was out last weekend to try and find a spot for another ladder stand. Went walking through some thick stuff and came out with about 20 ticks on me. It was crazy. Went and put a feeder back up today and came home with a few in hiding spots. Let's just say, I'm done till it cools off. It started to rain on me just as I finished getting the feeder up this morning.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I use that Sawyers and they don't ever seem to get on me. I don't blame you it is hot and humid! Hogs are very active daytime and night though.

Last edited:

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went out two weeks ago and got covered in ticks filling feeder. I stripped down! I could feel those fuckers on me for days. Lol. I had spray on and everything.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting after em in the morning bright and early. Or should I say dark and early. Off to bed now.

Nfluencial

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I went to a buddies in Florala this weekend. I got nothing. Long story but no more will I pay $40 for a three day Alabama pass. Not when Florida has better laws. Now I just need to find somebody with access to the piggies. I have one friend with hog problems but they live in a subdivision.

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I went to a buddies in Florala this weekend. I got nothing. Long story but no more will I pay $40 for a three day Alabama pass. Not when Florida has better laws. Now I just need to find somebody with access to the piggies. I have one friend with hog problems but they live in a subdivision.

So what if it is a subdivision, use a bow. And if you want help, I am game. O*D*W

Nfluencial

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well furlough cancelled my bow purchase. I guess right now my only hope it to wait till general gun on eglin and try to get a piggy.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Furlough is hitting a lot of folks I know. Hopefully it won't last long and everyone can go back to work. I'm a contractor and worry they could walk in and tell us we are done. Have you looked in to hunting on Wildlife Management Areas like Yellow River? It's a vast area and have heard hogs are thick. I've also thought about putting an add in the paper asking farmers if they are having piggy problems but just don't have the time right now.

midway

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    rain and skeeters have me behind at my camp am going to have to set up in trees,saw some sign and hasnt been hunted in 5/6 years see how it goes.
    will scout out this weekend in bonifay

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My hogs have all but disappeared from my feeders over the last two months. I have two pictures of one hog in the last two months. I am not complaining right now since it's deer season soon.

Top Bottom