• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampdonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased a Colt LE 6920 about 8 years ago before Obama took office. The AR-15 is marked Law enforcement only on it. I don't think the gun is rare by any means but I know they are not stamping them this way anymore. Anyway I bought it brand new stuck it in the safe and it has sat in there all this time. I have checked on Gunbroker and just surfing around the web and prices ranging from $1500 to $3500. Can you guys give me round about figure on what it may be worth? Thinking of selling it and don't want to ask a ridiculous amount in either too much or not enough. A Fair price. Thanks!

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Restricted Law Enforcement Only was being stamped on Colt rifles during the 94 -04 assault weapons ban. They didnt start to remove up until 5 years or so ago. It may be a little more difficult to find but by no means impossible. Problem is that there is no difference in the rifle themselves so someone would be purchasing it just for that stamp. Which is silly when you can just have someone engrave it on a new lower. You can get new colt rifles at wal mart under a $1000. Assuming its a plain jane basic M4 style rifle it would probably go for $1500 to the right person but I would be willing to take less.

The M4A1 Carbine stamped rifles or lowers are highly sought after and will bring a premium.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO ----> $3500. ... uhhhhh ... NO. As stated above,to the right buyer,the motivated buyer,to the collector,possibly $1500-$1700 with box and EVERYTHING that it came with from Colt. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I am going to agree with the other two. They are not really worth anymore than about $1500 and that all depends on if someone is willing to pay that. Considering that they can buy a new LE6920 for less than $1K, most will not care about the LE/Gov't markings. I have a LE6920 that I bought about the same time you bought yours. It ihas been shot, but only a couple times. I have almost $3K into it.

My advice is to take it out and shoot it or try to sell it for no more than $1500. You may be lucky to get that much.

Swampdonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok thanks guys. I probably will just keep it. I just didn't want to mess up the value of it if it was worth a good bit.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I paid $600 for mine years ago. Registered the lower and now its worth a bit more.
    But Ill never sell it.
    Its a grail gun to me..

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Attachments

• 1_rifles_colt_6720r_talo_m4_ar15_ar_15_223_5.56_136750.jpg
      1_rifles_colt_6720r_talo_m4_ar15_ar_15_223_5.56_136750.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 144

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hold it umtil the next really sacry gun grab. Maybe after this election if things go real bad. The dems, libs and commies will be in power sometime, even if they have to wait for all the migriants to become the majority and overturn all voter ID Laws. At that point you could make good money or bury it for a tyranny day!

Top Bottom