• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryder1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this is probably a long shot but I am going to try. I had three guns stolen out of my truck Saturday night. Ruger M77 30.06 with a meopta 4x9x50 scope in a redhead carry case. Bought that one from a fellow forum user and haven't even had the chance to hunt w/it. It was the bicentennial model. Next was a ruger m77 270 with a weaver 3x9x40 scope on it and the last was my CVA wolf muzzle loader w/a konus scope on it. If you come across any of these for sale please let me know.....one ruined hunting season just started...

Ryder1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks Jake...still reeling from this one. Would love to get my hands on the thieves. Security cameras going up.....

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have the #'s I would let Al/FL know to BOLO for them Al and FL do not shear info

From the deep woods

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd highly suggest CYA by filing a police report if you haven't done so already. They have resources to locate these weapons and if they are used in a crime, they won't be knocking on your door.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If u don't mind..can u let us kno what happened so maybe goin forward others don't have the samething happen?????

If not that's fine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryder1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a police report filed but the officer said probably won't ever see them again. I got back from hunting Saturday eve tired and left my guns in the back seat of my truck. Sunday morning they were gone along with my bag full of hunting clothes and anything else not bolted down....I live up off Scenic hwy in Baybrook subdivision and the officer said thieves have been rampant on stealing stuff out of cars all over the area...pretty sure truck was locked also and they got in without breaking a window....

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sucks man. I hope they are recovered. We had some folks go through our neighborhood stealing from cars. All easy targets b/c they were unlocked. I always lock the doors on my truck with the key fob. That's how I found out I had a lock actuator bad and it didn't lock that night. May have been that way for a while. 2005 Dodge Ram

Last edited:

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear this , had 13 stolen from house in the 70s, makes you sick, mad and other things!!!! Good luck with finding them, I have a muslin you can use for hunt season if you want, 529-3701, Denny in pace!!

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryder...Sure hate that. Im guessing that the Ruger was that gem you bought from me.
    I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in .270 with a Nikon 3-9X40 Team Primos BDC Scope.
    Sighted in a ready to hunt. You are welcome to use it trough the season.
    PM me if you are interested.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SOB that sucks man. It's rare but I'm guilty of forgetting to take a gun out of the truck on occasion and it could happen to anyone I suppose....tough luck. DaBreeze.....you the man for making that offer!

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never underestimate the stupidity of thieves though. I had a radar detector and radio stolen out of my car, believe it or not while it was parked inside a Trident Nuclear submarine base of all places! The wife said let's look in some pawn shops starting with the one closest to where it was stolen and work our way out. I said nobody's that stupid to steal something and then go to the nearest pawn shop and pawn it. But to humor her I went along. Damn if the first pawn shop we walk into there's my radar detector and radio sitting right there on a shelf. Needless to say the pawn shop owner wasn't thrilled to see us. Luckily I still had the receipts with the serial numbers for both items so it was a slam dunk getting my stuff back. Anyway just saying it's definitely worth a shot.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if the thieves used a Slim Jim to get into the truck. Some thieves get pretty good at using them and can have the vehicle unlocked in 5 seconds flat.

Ryder1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes DaBreeze that was the one...just sited it in and it the shots were touching each other at 50 yards....really liked that one as I'm a ruger freak anyway...thanks for all the offers restores some of my faith in humanity! But a hunter can't go w/out a gun so I already went out and bought another Ruger M77 in 7mm so if by chance i get my others back i'll have the 7mm 270 and 30.06 ....dreaming...

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did they do a CSI sweep on your truck for prints and the rest of the stuff they do to help ID the bad guys? Did they bring in dogs to track the crooks down?

Top Bottom