• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi, All!

My name is Joe Andrews and I'm from Crestview. Just getting into shooting but am really enjoying it. Bought a couple of AR kits from PSA a few months ago and have been having fun with it. A buddy at work talked me into trying USPSA shooting and I went out this weekend and shot at the ECPS event at CORE. He let me borrow his CZ-75 and holster setup. Had an absolute blast! Did a lot better than I figured I would, and am now hooked. Already looking forward to the next match.

If any of you were at the match, you may remember me as the guy with the bloody jeans! I took a piece of shrapnel to the kneecap just before my third stage. Didn't think anything about it, but it just wouldn't quit bleeding. I looked like I'd been in a war zone! Kept thinking it would eventually stop, but it never did. When I finally got back home, I realized I still had a piece of copper jacket stuck in my knee.

Still managed to complete all the stages and ended up 31st overall. Not bad for my first try!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on here. I've shot a few matches at CORE myself, awesome place.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, everyone. Been lurking here for a little while and just figured I would come out of the shadows. Looking forward to learning a lot more about this great sport!

My first pistol is a Tristar T120. Looking for info on upgrades to make it more of a competition gun. The CZ I shot had a bunch of upgrades and a MUCH nicer trigger. If I can get the Tristar close to that feel I"ll be a happy camper. Sent an email to Cajun Gun Works to see what options I have.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome Joe, sounds like you are a hard-core competitor, no pun intended. :) Metal in the meat, through the jeans, just gets worked as you walk and keeps on bleeding. If you had noticeable blood on you anywhere, formed during the match, your RO should have checked you out.
    Ed

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the forum lot of great folks here and lots of info, I know I've learned a lot since joining and have met a few of the members who have all been great guys

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i like joes..he's a good joe....cup of joe....

hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand? (cue jimmy Hendrix music there)

welcome

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome Joe, sounds like you are a hard-core competitor, no pun intended. :) Metal in the meat, through the jeans, just gets worked as you walk and keeps on bleeding. If you had noticeable blood on you anywhere, formed during the match, your RO should have checked you out.
    Ed

We had a great RO in Melinda. She was extremely helpful and guided me through a lot of the safety stuff in each stage. Everyone kept asking if I was OK and offered assistance. I guess I just couldn't make myself believe it was that bad. And really, it wasn't bad at all. just looked like it! I wasn't in any pain at all, and like I said, I figured it would stop any second. Plus, I was having so much fun, I didn't want to quit!

Top Bottom