• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got tied up at breakfast with dad, then had to run back home to talk to the contractor when he decided to work today and meet Hoss driving in from Mobile. So, got there about 9:15. Saw Tackleberry at the door. Met up with Kendive and Tailchaser, finally remembered I needed to call Nate and let him know I was there. Thank you once again Nate for the great service. I'm sorry I didn't call sooner, I never think to check the forum from my phone for messages.

Saw a couple of GCGF T-shirts in the crowd but in the confusion I didn't find out who they were.

As a relative newbie to gun shows I will say that I just liked this one better than the fairgrounds.

Hoss and I didn't stay real long. Wanted to go shooting and thought it best to get out theRe before the usal afternoon monsoons came through.

Oh, didn't see Sawman. Looked for you.

Last edited:

Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was pretty crowded. I bought a holster from HR Custom Holster for my Shield 40 and began the process of breaking it in. I also found Carhart belts at Tractor Supply for $ 25 that are good stiff leather belts to use with it.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw what I previously believed was mythical - a KelTec CMR-30 on one of the AA Tactical tables - asking only $999.00 but I guess when you have the only one around you can ask what you want.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I was there bright and early this morning. I carried five guns in with me and left with the same five guns. I did manage to pick up an older M16 magazine and some good tasting jerky. I even helped a man identify an old M16 upper assembly he bought. He thought he bought an old SP1 upper. What he bought was a late model 604 upper assembly. He stole it for $300. The barrel alone is worth more than $300. He said the guy was asking $350 for it. I wish I had sold something. I would have offered him $350 for it right there. Anyhow, I still have my foreign WWII firearms to sell. Oh well.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw what I previously believed was mythical - a KelTec CMR-30 on one of the AA Tactical tables - asking only $999.00 but I guess when you have the only one around you can ask what you want.

They have recently increased their pricing on everything. I've been using them for transfers, but now that they've raised them to $40 I won't be.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I did see 2 uppers for $200 which surprised me. No BCG. I was not in the market so I did not even look for brands or condition. I also looked at the HR custom holsters. I want something like that for my shield that is headed to Nate, but not sure exactly what holster I will get yet. It will be my first "high end" holster. I have not been to a gun show in close to ten years but I am glad my admission will go to a good cause.

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After hearing Nate and the rest of you guys' discussion, I'm glad I decided not to drive over to check out the show, sounds like it was business as usual for a gun show in this area. I was trying to remember the last really good gun show that I went to, from my best recollection it was in Hampton, VA in either 1999 or 2000 . The gun shows up in Birmingham back in the 80's were some of the best ones I've ever been to, wish they were still like that!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While people were not selling most things dirt cheap, overall it was a good event since it was put on locally for a good cause. Many sellers think it is a seller's market due to the demand for guns. I hope tomorrow's attendance is also good since I do very much want to see this local show succeed and run several times per year. I was surprised to see that one vendor had quite a few of those expensive Keltec bullpup .308's there for the modest price of only $1900 each. No way I would pay such for a keltec. Never had a keltec that functioned through more than a magazine out of the box. Now days I am only buying accessories, training gear (Just bought another air soft pistol and have an AK airsoft on order), and ammo. Eventually NV, armor, and other things will be acquired.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was I the only guy there that wore a GCGF T-shirt from he older days...? Met Mac the knife, nice gent, he recognized the shirt...only one. Saw Nate on our way out the door...had a few hundred $$$$ that came back home with me...was there around 10 to 11 fighting the crowd to walk around....

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was I the only guy there that wore a GCGF T-shirt from he older days...? Met Mac the knife, nice gent, he recognized the shirt...only one. Saw Nate on our way out the door...had a few hundred $$$$ that came back home with me...was there around 10t0 11 fighting the crowd to walk around....

I guess I saw you but didn't get a chance to go over and introduce myself. I almost wore my shirt.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I had things to do today, and was waiting to read these forums to decide whether to go tomorrow or not. Think I will stay home and save the seven bucks. I will be shooting Trap at the PRPC Trap range at 2PM tomorrow, Sunday. Come out and join us. Any shotgun will do, and loaners will be available. Bring a box of shells, and the cost is only four dollars a round of twenty five birds.

Last edited:

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    wore my shirt but did not notice anyone else with one on.. would have been nice if georgia arms was there..yeah there was lots of overpriced 22 ammo...
    i was looking at the lowers that aaa had there their stuff looks nice.but got nates opinion and did not buy..saw james (takleberry)..

i did buy a cz 52 22lr rifle.. kind of a neat one, 16 in threaded barrel...
    rich

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Waiting for Wareagle 50 (Shawn) to say I told you all so! I'm glad I decided not to go...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I was gonna go but had to deliver a china cabinet for my wife, then had to stop by Tractor Supply and Walmart and it was 2:30 by the time I got home . Figured my time would be better spent mowing the yard.
    Those Keltec PM-30s that you guys were talking about were on sale a couple of weeks ago at PSA for $450.
    Any pre-lock S&Ws at the show? Particularly model 60 or 36.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    wore my shirt but did not notice anyone else with one on.. would have been nice if georgia arms was there..yeah there was lots of overpriced 22 ammo...
    i was looking at the lowers that aaa had there their stuff looks nice.but got nates opinion and did not buy..saw james (takleberry)..

i did buy a cz 52 22lr rifle.. kind of a neat one, 16 in threaded barrel...
    rich

Richard, it was good to see you again. I had no idea that you were a GCGF member until yesterday.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That little gun shop out of Milton, had some decent priced guns. Mikes had a nice display as well

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom