• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello folks. Just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce ourselves. We are Field and Range Target Service, a gunsmithing business located here in Crestview, FL. We are a small, family owned and operated business. Jul Waters, our Master Gunsmith, is an Ex-Army Vietnam Veteran. Tom Myers, also a gunsmith, also is the General Manager for Shoal River Sporting Clays and Shooting Center located on Highway 90E in Crestview.

Both Jul and Tom are avid gun owners and hunters and enjoy the challenge of working on firearms. We are an appointment only business, but feel free to give us a call at (850) 612-0702 if you have any firearms that need a little help.

We can work on almost any firearm. In the years we've been working on guns, we've seen everything from the ever-popular AR-15's all the way back to guns from the 1800s. We can do bluing (cold blue), stock refinishing, repairs, modifications, scope mounting, deep cleaning, trigger jobs...just about anything you want to do, we can do it.

There are a couple of things that we WON'T do. Cutting barrels is one of them. We will NOT convert weapons to full automatic, and we will not perform any work that will compromise the safety of the shooter.

We also hold an FFL license, so if you find a gun online that you want, we can do the transfer for you for $20.

Give us a call, or ask questions if you like. Have a good one!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PM sent, but I'll answer here as well. Assembling the AK parts kit is a bit of a problem, as we don't have the tooling currently to do the riviting process for the trunion.

Saiga conversions (I'm assuming you mean moving the trigger forward to accomodate a pistol grip and standard stock) are definitely doable. In fact, we've done probably seven or eight of them for different customers.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for joining our forum! We have a local dealers section that we set up for businesses like yours to advertise in. If you are interested we can get you going in there.

David

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tried giveing a call but no answer i have a chinease sks and a new ati foldable stock i need help putting it in any idea how much this would cost and can u guys do this?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum sir.

One quick question....why will you not cut a bbl ?? Will you thread a bbl and install a hider/brake ?? --- SAWMAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SAWMAN...

Cutting a barrel is a problem because we lack heavy enough equipment to do the job the right way, nor can we re-crown a barrel....YET. Threading is much the same there, we lack the heavy equipment to make sure the threads are cut straight for installation of muzzle brakes and the like. We can still install those kind of items, but the threading portion is where we just fall a touch short.

Also, sorry for the late reply...the holiday season has been extremely busy, and I haven't gotten a chance to check much on here lately.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a few customs that I want trigger work done. I'll supply the triggers. Also would like to mount leupold bases v/s the weavers that are already on one.
    True the actions, lap lugs, free float barrel, install different safety etc.

I have a few milsurp mausers and a couple Daly Zastava's that I would like to rechamber etc.

Definately not all of it at once but I have several that I want to turn into sporters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trigger work, scope bases, safeties and lapping the lugs shouldn't be any problem. Truing the action, free floating the barrel, and re-chambering is a bit beyond our scope of ability, since we don't have the required equipment to do it properly.

Doomsday

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul did a lot of small projects for me when I lived in Crestview. Great guy to deal with.

Top Bottom