• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Has anyone had any experience with this guy? Reason I'm asking I asked him a few questions and as a gunsmith in my opinion he should of known the answer right off hand. First question I showed him a pic of a Stiller Tac-30 Action and asked if he ever worked on them. His response was that it wasn't a Stiller Action it was a Surgeon Action.....ok the next question was if I could zero my rifle at 100 yards with a 20 MOA rail installed.....his answer was no that's impossible.....I just looked at him and walked off. I'm not bad mouthing the guy I would just like to get someones else opinion on wheather I should trust him with my custom build.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just from the answer to your second question, I would look elsewhere. You can certainly zero a rifle at 100yds with a 20 MOA rail, as long as you have a scope with enough travel. Most decent scopes will have adequate apartment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Are you talking Jay's Guns and Accessories,on Garden St. in P'cola ?? If so,were you talking to the guy (Phil) that always wears a dirty brown apron ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't know about the action question,however he certainly should have known the answer to the MOA question provided you gave him adequate info to make his decision on.

I have known(not personally) Phil for quite some time now and he is a good,solid "smith". Especially with the newish sniper/tac stuff. Pistols also. --- SAWMAN

Derek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks SAWMAN. Yes I gave him adequate info about the 20 MOA rail. AGAIN I'm not bad mouthing him at all I was just curious about what he had to say. He was just probably having a bad day!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I took a 6 yo mint Glock 21 in for night sights. Purchased sights there and they installed for free.

Last edited:

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try jimmy McCullough in Selma. He built my tactical rifle and did great work. He has been building them for 30 years.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had Phil build a Commander for me about 10 years ago with a Colt base gun. He did good work on it, but like most gunsmiths couldn't meet a timeline. He quoted 3 months and took 10.5 months. I'd still use him though.

bohica762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Actually OP my reply was it may not be possible with some scopes, unless you plan to shoot nothing but long range, 20 MOA doesn't do much for you. I'm sorry we didn't hit it off, the kids and the weird dude with the combover had me rattled. LOL! I'm not by any means perfect, but I will do my best to get you the best results possible. If at any time someone isn't satisfied please, capital PLEASE, let me know and I'll make it right. Thank you all for the kudos, and for letting me know when I screw up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello my name is Will Fairbanks. My company builds made to order custom firearms. We specialize in Long Range Competition, Tactical and Hunting bolt action Rifles and competition, tactical and defense 1911 pistols.
    Please check out our blog www.fairbanksandfairbanks.net. You will see many high end custom rifles built for big game hunting as well as competition bolt guns. in the next week or so i will have an update featuring our custom 1911 pistols.
    we can provide various machining techniques on your firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if you want a true pro to build you a custom rifle 1/4 MOA then go to www.facebook.com/fairbanksandfairbanks.net they have built custom guns for people all over the world. a father and son operation in downtown pensacola. both father and son hold Degrees from Yavapai Gunsmithing College Prescott Arizona where they both graduated 4.0gpa. Fairbanks and Fairbanks not only builds the finest in Tactical long range and Safari Rifles but also build the best 1911 pistols in America. dont waste your time with gunsmiths come see a Custom Gun Builder. all custom work available
    please email me

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Fellas, if y'all want to call each other names do it thru pm or get each others phone number. Let's keep this thread on topic. I'll clean this one up. Thanks JW

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fellas, if y'all want to call each other names do it thru pm or get each others phone number. Let's keep this thread on topic. I'll clean this one up. Thanks JW

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sure thing, I suppose someone's experience isn't valid..........

Latest posts

Top Bottom