• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a chance I'll be visiting NYC (the only place the Constitution isn't the Law)... When I'm on the road, I'm strapped. But not in NYC... Is there a place in a neighboring state that would store a firearm? I don't know if this issue has ever come up, but it's jail time if you're caught carrying in NYC.... Your Permit isn't valid there.:help:

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Delaware is the last state going up 95 that your ccw is honored before the People's Republic of New Jersey and Communist New York. I dont know anyone or any shops there though. the Delaware /Jersey line is about 3 hours from the city depending on traffic. My in-laws are in Jersey, hate leaving my gun behind.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would hope my kids would be at camp Perry this time of the year shooting in the National Matches. I do under stand..I,m not that hard. You have to do some thing's that you just don't like to do. I have to take my shield off at night when I go to bed, but it is close by, along with the 870 and Ar . Wife just want let me sleep with it. Just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't forget to cover the Mag and ammo issues too. N.J. example: HPs can't be carried except between Shop, home and range. Mags above 10 rounds are not legal. Travel "through" laws are are different then applied law for final destination-layover/en route vist. Basically you can gas, eat and go. If you stop at say Atlantic City, and gamble: that would be a "destination" and you could be arrested for a unregistered handgun, loaded handgun and whatever else they could pile on. NY runs along the same lines.

Find a highly rated gun shop and drop off your gun for cleaning and mags/ammo for manual cycling check (wink). You could also Pawn it to a Pawn Shop with a FFL as a last resort. You need to make sure their business hours match your travel plans AND that their specific location allow return on demand without three day wait with your CWP as other laws could screw you over.

Bank safety deposit box but spendy, limited access hours and paperwork issues.

A lot of commercial Mail Box rentals have access only from the front.

You could do a Gym trial membership if they have secure lockers and 24 hour access.

Bus terminals usually have coin operated temp storage lockers. These are very low security, and may have usage time limits and zero liability.

There is the ziplock bag, GPS and shovel route pros and cons.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Some Gun ranges have lockers for storage. I would think any gun store that is an FFL has a safe and will store for you for minimal cost. I am sure you could set all that up before leaving home without going too far out of your way.

Top Bottom