• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Since starting my current job I've been unable to attend a gun show in over 10 years. One thing I used to buy regularly, was a lot of my reloading supplies, specifically primers & powder.
    I'm curious if there are vendors that are still selling and how is their selection and how are the prices??
    Every couple of months Mid South shooter supply offers free hazmat with a $99 order. I just ordered 1K primers for $100 & 2 pounds of powder for around $45 each.
    Next time I'll get powder for 6.5G & 6ARC!

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'd have to be getting a smoking deal to give up a days worth of sleep to go to a show. I just haven't been to one in so long, I was just wondering if I was missing out? Lol...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'd have to be getting a smoking deal to give up a days worth of sleep to go to a show. I just haven't been to one in so long, I was just wondering if I was missing out? Lol...
    If you haven't been in 10 years you will be disappointed if you go. Lots of cool stuff with high prices for the most part.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    If you haven't been in 10 years you will be disappointed if you go. Lots of cool stuff with high prices for the most part.
    I would rent a table, take all my leftovers, a bunch of guns (mainly to show off) or use to barter with. And have access to everyone else's parts boxes for those obscure treasures. I've come away with guns and ammo, but never really went there looking to buy. If I didn't rent a table, I'd sling up a couple of rifles and carry a couple of pistols (I'd be that guy with index cards pinned on my back).

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I would rent a table, take all my leftovers, a bunch of guns (mainly to show off) or use to barter with. And have access to everyone else's parts boxes for those obscure treasures. I've come away with guns and ammo, but never really went there looking to buy. If I didn't rent a table, I'd sling up a couple of rifles and carry a couple of pistols (I'd be that guy with index cards pinned on my back).
    Tape em to the weapon!

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Last gun show I attended had very few guns and ammo and lots of flags, patches, "as seen on TV", and junk than it was worth. They have turned into what my wife and I like to call the "fell of the truck" sale. Boxes of Chinese products that make your life better. Last show I went to had more guys selling "as seen on TV" knives and mops than anything else.

I haven't been to a quality gun show in over 10-15 years... probably longer.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Last gun show I attended had very few guns and ammo and lots of flags, patches, "as seen on TV", and junk than it was worth. They have turned into what my wife and I like to call the "fell of the truck" sale. Boxes of Chinese products that make your life better. Last show I went to had more guys selling "as seen on TV" knives and mops than anything else.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything then. IDK, now days online buying has pretty much replaced a lot of "shopping"

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

which gun show was that

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything then. IDK, now days online buying has pretty much replaced a lot of "shopping"
    I looked and I bought 2 speed loaders[panama city beach fla] for a revolver they were a few dollars cheaper than my LGS but add in the admission fee it was no smokin bargain . I will still go to the next one because its is close and its a half day out with my wife and ya never know what is on a bench there . Funny thing i noticed was not too many AK weapons more AR weapons BUT more AK ammo than AR .....hhhhmmmmm , when i first moved down here i commented at my local gun store about this being ar country and he agreed but added they are plentiful, just owners are i guess low key patriot ar bois not willing to give the ak its due publicly .

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would go to a gun show if they had 2 guns and some rusty knives
    some are better than others but once they are gone that's it

Why are you going to a gun show

much of going to a show is the social interaction what you can learn and see and hold
    my best friend in the world and me get to hang out for a few days that we couldn't get because we live far apart and our lives have demands that keep us from seeing each other
    not to mention other chums that I like to see
    Im doing good to break even especially if you consider the transportation cost and lost time
    I get to haggle and horse trade I get to see and hold to converse laugh and enjoy a few days that I can be out of character
    so if you going to a gun show to sell or buy then your missing our heritage to meet and gather
    you go to a picture show why? you stop by a car show why?
    and to top it off the democrats and left wingers hate gun shows so yeah Ill see you at the next gun show except Victors show at the fair grounds where I banned for life HAHA HA

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    All good points for the most part ,I grew up in an authoritative environment,
    First my father said NO, and that was it.
    then high school and collage, the coach said do and we did
    Then the MARINE CORPS, the Capt. and later the Col. said DO and without question we did .
    Then in in my offshore work, always someone in charge saying 'this is the way I want it done.
    I quit selling at gun shows because there were always a few that their wife's had their balls in a glass jar, so when they were allowed to go to a gun shot they tried showing their male dominant by starting a "low ball" argument and wouldn't take NO , and then Fn NO, and go away.
    I came to the conclusion it was better to quit going than to take a paint ball gun, ect.ect.ect.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I used to enjoy going, knew a lot of people, talked a lot of shit, rummaging through boxes of old parts. Unfortunately my current work schedule makes it impossible. I work 4-12 hour nights a week, Thursday-Sunday. When they start having them on Monday I'll be able to go again!

Top Bottom