• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have any experience using a certified check or money order on gun broker? Just seems like sending one to some guy who is "going to ship you a gun when payment clears" would be an easy way to get ripped off. I know they have their "buyer protection" but that has a $500 max and a deductible of $100, so you buy a $1000 gun get ripped off and gun broker gives you back $400, but your still $600 in the hole. Im just curious if there is another way to protect yourself that I may be overlooking.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 for USPS mo. Put the gunbroker # in the memo line. I have had all good experiences with gunbroker....met some really nice people.
    I send the mo via priority flat rate envelope ...you can add signature requirement if you want. I can track when they receive payment. If you are dealing with a private individual....just make sure they send a bill of sale, and a copy of their drivers liscence with the shipment. Also make sure your ffl will accept the shipment from a non-ffl.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BEWARE there are scams all over Gunbroker too. Use FFLs on both ends. Get right to inspect/refuse if not as promised.

I would rather pay more for each gun locally then get ripped off for $1K on some "deal". LE and IC3 don't give a damn if you get ripped off on a gun deal. Internet crime is so rampant it has overwhelmed federal resources. Nigeria's #1 source on income is Scams.

Be patient and buy FTF in a shop or private sale.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BEWARE there are scams all over Gunbroker too. Use FFLs on both ends. Get right to inspect/refuse if not as promised.

I would rather pay more for each gun locally then get ripped off for $1K on some "deal". LE and IC3 don't give a damn if you get ripped off on a gun deal. Internet crime is so rampant it has overwhelmed federal resources. Nigeria's #1 source on income is Scams.

Be patient and buy FTF in a shop or private sale.
    Sage advise.
    I wish we had the selection here that you might find elsewhere. I think the only local shop that has a varied selection in stock also has prices that are 1/3 higher than they should be.
    I'm able to fix most minor problems that a firearm might have, so selection is a little more important to me than being able to go over the firearm with a fine toothed comb before purchase. I have my doubts about most individuals ability to do that anyway since I have a bit of mechanical knowledge about firearms....but I still seem to run into problems with the guns I purchase locally. With the exception of my Kahr and glock pistols...every other firearm I have purchased...whether online or from an individual on pff or gcgf has had some sort of issue once I really got it broken down. Some have had major problems requiring replacement of components and careful refitting. This is from my piers....whom I don't think knew the problems existed at the time of sale.
    ....so yes be careful.....don't overpay, and verify that your firearm is in safe working order....wherever you got them from.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scammers here are a few scam id's sent to me to prove seller was legit! Blow pic up and you can see the alterations.

Edward Bowlin 2.JPG Dominique Abe 1l.JPG FOXX LADY Passport.jpg FOXX LADY Passport.jpg TanyaThomas fake ID.jpg

Attachments

• Edward Bowlin 2.JPG
      Edward Bowlin 2.JPG
      6.4 KB · Views: 100
    • Dominique Abe 1l.JPG
      Dominique Abe 1l.JPG
      38.4 KB · Views: 102
    • FOXX LADY Passport.jpg
      FOXX LADY Passport.jpg
      181.7 KB · Views: 98
    • TanyaThomas fake ID.jpg
      TanyaThomas fake ID.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 105

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah that brings up some scary scenarios. Guess its all a gamble. Glad I've been lucky online.
    You can never have enough knowledge when buying a firearm.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dealt a lot on GB as a seller and buyer. You are taking a risk but it's a small one if the seller has a decent rep. If they're new or haven't done much business in the last few months it may be something to watch out for. The postal money order doesn't give you much more protection than any other form of payment. You don't need anything to cash it so it's basically cash. Technically they can track it and can bring charges if you get defrauded, but the reality is they don't have the time or resources to do it.

The only times I have been bit with online purchases was off of gunsamerica. GB has been pretty good.

First time I was able to have the payment stopped from delivery. In the middle of the second with a NFA item.

Last edited:

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had 4 positive experiences with GB and one negative. The negative was a buyer that claimed I hid problems with a gun. My description was spot-on, he was just gambleing and slightly overpaid for the gun. First he attempted to get me to refund a portion of the purchase price, then demanded a refund when I had "as-is"
    in the description. The 4 positives were all purchases. Each seller followed through as promised. I wouldn't buy from a seller with fewer than 20 feedbacks.

Top Bottom