• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do most of you guys save your boxes that guns come in from the factory? I am trying to clean out my junk room and can't seem to think of a reason to keep them. I don't plan on selling any of the guns and the only ones that would make a difference (pythons) don't have boxes anyway. Thoughts?

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I keep all my boxes on new gun purchases and have given them to guys when Ive sold them. Sometimes it makes a difference to people and sometimes it doesn't. I like to keep them.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You must have a 3000 square foot closet. Lol

Nah, I'm in a "quality over quantity" phase these days, so I don't have a huge number of guns. Most of the boxes I have are from handguns, so they don't take up a lot of space stacked up on a shelf in the corner of the closet.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Cheap cardboard boxes, no. If it's a decent plastic case then I'll hang on to it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i know i wont throw the plastic pistol cases out but ive been trying to decide what to do with the cardboard long gun boxes also ... to trash or not to trash

hound_dog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kept most of mine until i moved into my current house, i had them all stacked under my bed. When it came time to pack or trash, in the garbage they went. Most were crappy cardboard anyway.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If they have the label for the gun I have them but have thought about just saving the label and not the box if it is a simple cardboard. All hard cases I keep and typically buy a hardcase or gun case for the others, no naked guns in my house...lol

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep mine. Figure I spent good money for it and I want everything that came with it. Of course, I also have the box my TV came in 4 years ago, my laptop 2 years ago and if I ever were to afford a new truck and it came in a box I'd probably keep that one too.

Upon reflection, perhaps I'm sliding into the abyss of hoardism.:confused:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kept all of mine and I'm glad I did for sentimental reasons. Since that boat accident all I have to look at is the cardboard they came in.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I keep all my boxes that's why I have a big building, and still have a trail to walk around in. been told ,that I was a hoarder . Just my 5 cents jj

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I keep all my boxes that's why I have a big building, and still have a trail to walk around in. been told ,that I was a hoarder . Just my 5 cents jj

JJ, ive been to your big building and I don't think you throw anything away lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep them. Your taste in firearms may change. If those guns out last you, the origional box, papers are a plus for family or if for sale. When I buy, a gun with orig will get cash before one that doesn't (all other things being equal). If a person was concerned enough to keep the box and papers in good condition, it hints he did the same for the gun.

If your not going to keep them, consider passing them on in the Good Karma giveaway section.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, those cheap old cardboard boxes are worthless, you just drop them by my office. When I decided to sell the bulk of my Ruger OM single action collection, I had about 75 empty boxes, no matching guns for them. I hauled the boxes to Tulsa and the guys I was with, made fun of my boxes, then they got a real lesson in the value of old cardboard. End of first day I pocketed over $2,000 in just box money. People collect everything and a box for anything completes the set, keep the boxes.

Plus as Wild said a box indicates concern for condition. You virtually never see a rusty piece of crap in a box at a gun show.......
    Ed

Top Bottom