• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of course this is all just for fun but I think that everybody who collects and shoots has that one gun (or more) that is always out of their reach and or budget (A unicorn or a grail gun if you will). Excluding totally unreasonable stuff like a Dillon Aero or a howitzer. What is yours?
    I'll start off with mine;
    Never going to happen: Singer manufactured 1911a1
    More resonable: H.M Pope built Winchester Hi-wall.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Over the years, I've had 3 - a Colt Woodsman Target (got one about 20 years ago), a Colt Woodsman Match Target (got one about 7 or 8 years ago) and a Weatherby .22 (got one last year).
    I don't really have any left although I would kinda like to have a Colt Diamondback

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    The StG 44 (Sturmgewehr 44, or "assault rifle 44")

This is one that has been on my Top Ten list for several years. The closest I will every come to owning one is having about $4K to spend on a semi-auto version if I can ever find one. There was only 200 of these made a few years back. Of course, having the $4K in hand is another issue.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mines a common gun.. I just never seem to have the money for it. I want a S&W 686 with a 6in barrel, stainless and wood grips. My grandparents have 2 and my mom has 1. It has been my favorite revolver since I was a kid.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have always wanted a L.C. Smith 410 double barrel. When I was a kid I went limb rat hunting with one that I borrowed several times. Just one of those bring back memories kind of guns.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The StG 44 (Sturmgewehr 44, or "assault rifle 44")

This is one that has been on my Top Ten list for several years. The closest I will every come to owning one is having about $4K to spend on a semi-auto version if I can ever find one. There was only 200 of these made a few years back. Of course, having the $4K in hand is another issue.

I dig it! I met a gentleman one time that owns a actual stg 44. His collection was absolutely ridiculous. He even owns a fully operational Sherman tank.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Springfield trp operator with the full rail. Never seem to have the funds when I come across one.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I honestly can't think of anything. I did want a full rail TRP, but gave up when the bids got above $2k. EBs and DWs can be had for less. I had a 6" wood gripped 686, kinda wish I had kept it, I sold it cheap! It would be cool to pick up another Python, a gen2 6" nickel, but I'd want to shoot it and use it, and they're not really meant for that anymore. Another WW1 1911 would be just as cool, but it has the same issues as the Python.
    Someday, I'll have a 1911 built for me from the ground up, but I'm pretty happy with the collection as it sits. A proper M16 would be AWESOME, but I can't really justify it, though that's not really what the thread is about.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan, the only justification I have for probably three quarters of my guns is that they make me smile. My wife made my give up the motorcycles when we started having children so it's just this and a German Shepherd to burn fun money on.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    1942 or earlier numbers matching M1 Garand to go with my 16' 1942 Wilde Tool M1905

Last edited:

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A couple of Rheinmetall Borsig MG-17's and the Messerschmitt 109 that comes wrapped around em

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've either have or had most of my "grail guns", but the one that has always eluded me was a 4" Colt Peacekeeper. They only made them a couple of years in the 80s.

Blue

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know of anything specific but I'd really like a nice custom long range rifle, 338 Lapua or bigger. Maybe a GAP, I'd like to see for myself if they're truly as special as they say they are.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Maybe a Barrett. I've also wanted a carbon fiber Benelli Supersport for a few years, but just can't make the jump. I wouldn't think twice about the price tag if it was a 1911, but for some reason, I hesitate with a scattergun.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The comment about the Messerschmitt reminded me about the drillings that they use too issue to stuka pilots. One of those would be something worth having next too my Luger P-08.

Latest posts

Top Bottom