• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I don’t know if you are thinking of making what I’ve thought about….
    I’ve considered an idea for awhile…turning old, cheap bayonets into custom knives. Lots of people make semi-custom knives out of blade blanks. Using old bayonets for blade blanks would be an awesome idea….blades that are possibly antiques, and have true history behind them….in my mind, that would be infinitely cooler than just buying a cheap blade blank made in India or China.
    A number of years ago, the options for old, cheap bayonets were more available. Old US m-7 bayonets from the 60’s to 80’s were $15-20. Old Turkish and oddball Mauser bayonets were close to the same price, and many were 100 years old.
    Now, options are a little more limited. Old M1 garand bayonets (many probably Greek or other European manufacturers) are still available cheap, and would be one of my first choices. Some oddball Mauser bayonets may still be in the under $30 category. You can cut and reprofile the blade as needed with simple tools. And they would be awesome with new custom grip scales and custom sheaths.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Top Bottom