• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fiftycal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I offer this link for information purposes. The BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) has proposed banning SS-109 and/or XM-855. The best price I've found recently (since the price has jumped significantly due to the proposed ban) is Centerfire Systems. Their Website is:

centerfiresystems.com

phone number is: 1-800-950-1231

if anyone finds a better sight and/or deal, please let me know.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Reloaders ---> pick up pulled bullets along the way. Reload them to your specs and for accuracy. I find these bullets extremely accurate coming out of my 223Rem single shots,and my Benelli MR1 chambered in 223Rem (1:9).

The mil spec stuff is loaded too hot for my purposes anyway. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Wondering how they would kill the bigger hogs if put square on the shoulder at about 2750fps or so ???

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just ordered 250 rounds from Midway cause I didn't have any. Hate to pay that price but if dumbmass gets his way if really may go bye-bye. But I really hate to feed into the frenzy. I wonder if he owns stock in ammo companys?

Idoono

cookmanigain

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Idoono, I'll sell you as much of the 2850rnds I've got for $.45/rnd. It's ZQi NATO spec, same as M855 just without the paint on the tip. Same goes for anyone else that wants it. I'm between Choctaw Beach in Walton County and Pensacola regularly so it's easy to meet up. I'm new to the group, still setting up my profile.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's funny PSA had the 150rd boxes of the green tips at Christmas for 59.99. Now they are 90.00. People yell about CTD all the time, but truth is all the companies jump on the band wagon.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Most of the time it is the distributors that raise the prices to the stores because of increased demand...The stores are usually just passing on their increased costs. CTD excluded.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Most of the time it is the distributors that raise the prices to the stores because of increased demand...The stores are usually just passing on their increased costs. CTD excluded.

+1

I've watched PSA's prices for years. They are usually the last ones to inch the price higher, and the first ones to drop it. Distributors play a big part. Compare to others, and usually PSA is on the cheapest end of the spectrum.

"Cheaper-Than-Dirt" sell crap for outrageous prices. No shame; they gouge the hell out of something whenever it's a political panic.

If you want XM855, get ZQ1 62-gr from Wal-mart. 30-rds for $9.97.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not bad mouthing PSA, hell knows I've used them a lot for orders. For the most part they have the cheapest prices. But as soon as the talk of banning this ammo, their prices shot up before CTD. It can't be a supply thing, because I'm sure the stock they already had didn't cost more to take it off the shelf and put it in a box than it did the day before the announcement. 90% of companies these days are only ever worried about their bottom line. Yes I get you cant be giving out charity and stay in business. Seriously though how does something double or triple in price in one day.

What I hate the most is the hoarders. They will never shoot that ammo, but they have to have it. Then either they don't shoot it, or resell it 5 times what they paid, because they create a false shortage. I'm glad prices have been low for the past year or so now. It's allowed a lot of people who don't make a lot of money to stack supplies deep. I don't call that capitalism, that's taking advantage of people in a bad situation.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    +1

I've watched PSA's prices for years. They are usually the last ones to inch the price higher, and the first ones to drop it. Distributors play a big part. Compare to others, and usually PSA is on the cheapest end of the spectrum.

"Cheaper-Than-Dirt" sell crap for outrageous prices. No shame; they gouge the hell out of something whenever it's a political panic.

If you want XM855, get ZQ1 62-gr from Wal-mart. 30-rds for $9.97.

I just picked up 4 boxes to shoot this weekend. My supply at home is where I want it. I don't touch that supply now. If I want to shoot, I'll buy a few boxes to shoot. If I don't shoot all of that, then what's left over goes into my storage.

Also the ZQI 7.62 is decent for plinking also that's 9.95/20 Rds.

Doc

Top Bottom