• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope to be at SRSC at 1pm tomorrow afternoon. I intend to shoot the AK and my new Ruger 22/45. I may carry out an AR with me, uncertain at this time. If anyone would like to join, I'd be happy to have a guest or two. If you'd like to shoot what I KNOW I'm bringing, the AK shoots 7.62x39 and the 22/45 shoots .22lr. If I decide to bring an AR, it would probably be the 6.8spcII.

Gonna probably spend an hour or two out there. Anyone else planning on going to the range tomorrow by chance?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    had a great time today. Took my 6.8spcII AR, my "new" AK, and my new Ruger 22/45 Lite.

the 6.8 AR is phenomenal. I love the recoil pulse it has, its almost as if it has been fine tuned, although it hasnt in any way. Just runs so great. Spot on at 50yds, but struggled a little bit at 100yds, I think it was the reloads I was shooting as the performance at 100yds has always been great. Did much better with Remington UMC, but she likes the Hornady the best. Didnt bring any hornady with me today, was just plinking.

The "new" AK I have had for about 4 months now, but today was the first time I shot it. Funny enough, I took it to the range about 5 to 6 weeks ago, but forgot to pack my mags/ammo, hah! So, second range trip, first time shooting. It works as it should, pull the trigger, she goes bang. Got the strikefireII dialed in within 10-12 rounds and was on target consistently at 100yds. Great lil blaster and the Magpul stock feels great on this one. The MI handguard/rail setup I installed gets hot as haties so I'm very thankful I put a vfg on the rifle. I need an FDE ladder rail cover though, if your thumb hits the railed section when hot, it hurts, hah.

The Ruger 22/45 Lite performed well. A couple small issues, seem to be magazine related. Moreso feeding issues about 3 or 4 times, but easily fixed. Ran some Federal bulk pack, CCI mini-mags, and Remington value-pack to check ammo variety issues, all performed well. Lovely lil gun to shoot and crazy accurate. I noticed the top rail was a little loose once I got home. When I break it down for a detail cleaning, I'll make sure to tighten it up. Eventually, it'll wear a small red-dot to increase the fun factor but for now, I'll shoot it irons.

Buddy of mine went with me and in trade for shooting my guns I got to drive his 2014 mustang GT (6spd manual) to and fro. Awesome car with great power. The interior of this car was vastly improved from previous generations. His GT had the glass roof, leather seats, NAV, etc. He had a full Roush suspension underneath it including dampeners, sway bars, enlinks, etc. Not a lot of power adders at this time but does have a full exhaust system. He has the Boss manifold, a JLT cold-air intake, and will be tuning after the intake setup is perfomed. Currently makes around 380-390hp to the tires, should make around 440-460 after intake setup and a tune. I'll have one within the next year or two.

Top Bottom