• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since the Glock 42 is chambered in .380 in a single stack 9 sized pistol what are your thoughts? I say epic fail!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd probably look at it since I mostly carry a 380LCP, I like to keep fewer calibers. It'd be worth looking at if not priced to outrageously. I've been thinking about either an LC380 or a revolver in 38 as a new carry but I may wait a while to see how this turns out, plus my gun fund is basically non-existent right now with me starting into reloading.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im still not 100% convinced that its going to be a .380.. Maybe Im am still in denial..

If it is, there has got to be a reason Glock is doing this. My .02, its smart business. Glock will sell a SHIT TON of these .380's to all the fanboys and females. After about 9 months to a year they will come out with their single stack 9. I believe they will wait on the 9 for a bit so they can make a bunch of money on the .380. After sales slow down on the 42, they will introduce the 9. And then they will sell a SHIT TON of those.. If they put out the 9 first, no one would buy the .380.

You pickin up what Im puttin down?

Me? I can wait for the 9. Im actually really digging the Shield 9 Ive been carrying the past few months so I dont mind sticking with it for a bit

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have 1 380, the P3AT, that is all I will ever need in that caliber. It is a weapon of last resort a backup or when I need a light pocket gun, I don't see the Glock as being that. My opinion is a 380 is inadequate as a primary carry weapon.

You need a POLL at the top!

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not interested..as said above I'm sure they will sell out of them..but if I'm carrying 380 or 38 it's gona be much smaller than my shield

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it is in fact a .380, I will wait for the 9 and look at it then. Until, I will continue to carry my Kahr as a pocket gun.

smithnsig

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's as big as some other pocket 9s. They will sell them because its a glock but it seems to be a little late to the party, and the wrong caliber.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So has Glock confirmed that pic? OR is it still just internet speculation?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    not really a Glock guy but i would've considered a 9mm. No interest in the 380. As said previously, it's reasonable to believe that Glock did this for marketing reasons.

dbevarly

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock will sell a SHIT TON of these .380's to all the fanboys and females.

What's a "fanboy"? Curious cause I enjoy shooting and carrying a .380. I also pack a 9 and .45 on occasion, and my wife prefers her .40. Didn't know you could stereotype a person based on the weapon they prefer. You pickin up what I'm putting down?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's a "fanboy"? Curious cause I enjoy shooting and carrying a .380. I also pack a 9 and .45 on occasion, and my wife prefers her .40. Didn't know you could stereotype a person based on the weapon they prefer. You pickin up what I'm putting down?

Fanboy = A person who is completely loyal to a company regardless of if they suck or not. (I love Glocks, but would never buy a .380 when there are better options out there for my type of carry. My opinion)

Fanboy = Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

Fanboy = Tend to resort to petty annoyance replies when backed against the wall. Usually grammar attacks and non-replies. ( Glock makes the best gun, everrr!!!)

Fanboy = Bashes others for not thinking their personal preference in a product is the best ( A LOT in the Glock world)

Fanboy = a person willing to defend and promote the object of his affection regardless of fact and objectivity.

Get it?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

Not saying there is. Just stating that the fanboy will stand by his product regardless. IN MY OPINION, why buy a .380 when you can buy a 9 thats the same price, size, weight, capacity and is just as reliable?

But youre right. Diifferent strokes for different folks. If you want a reliable gun and like the .380 round, Im sure Glock will put out a great product. But again, IN MY OPINION, there are better options available..

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Right, 9>380 since the gun's the same size (mostly), so I do agree there. Maybe the reduced recoil is an upside of 380 for certain customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dbevarly

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just stating that the fanboy will stand by his product regardless....IN MY OPINION, there are better options available..

Got it: Glock fanboys. And I agree on better options. I see on Gunbroker a G42 at $544 current bidding. Incredible for what that could also buy. But if you can add variety to your collection, a good .380 (I have a CZ 83) offers extra fun to your shooting options. But dropping $500 on one is just crazy IMO.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Take Ruger for example, the lc380 and lc9 are the same size, but the selling point of the 380 is reduced recoil, which is valid. So maybe instead of thinking of the Glock 380 as a not got enough Glock, think of it as a reduced recoil single stack 9mm short, where the regular 9mm single stack is sure to follow. I get it.

That being said, I don't currently own any Glocks, and I carry a 45, so I'm really rather impartial to the 9 vs 380 argument, but I do get it. Choosing one versus the other is a matter of personal taste and comfort, I guess 9mm fans are just upset that the 9mm single stack is yet to be delivered, which I also understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom