• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What would be the best place near the Milton/Pace area to go to to get firearms cerakoted/refinished? It would be my 5.45 Saiga and my P226. Just want a solid black finish for both. And about how much would I end up spending? This would be my first time dealing with cerakoting so I know literally nothing about it.

Attachments

• 20231110_091330.jpg
      20231110_091330.jpg
      403.1 KB · Views: 50
    • 20231110_091358.jpg
      20231110_091358.jpg
      393.8 KB · Views: 56
    • 20231110_091408.jpg
      20231110_091408.jpg
      393.6 KB · Views: 55

Hand Cannon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Chris who works at Gulf Coast Gun in Milton has a side business where he does cerakote work. I just had him do a pistol slide. Was happy with the work.

Then there is Guardian Custom Coating in Navarre. https://guardiancustomfirearmcoating.com/ I used them a couple of years ago. They also did a good job for me.

I also understand that Grey Man Armory in Milton does cerakote work but I have never used them. Give them a call

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a browning buckmark. 22 with gold inlay on the barrell/slide, this is the slabsideversion, it unfortunately went through hurricane Ivan as I left a lot of firearms behind in the safe when we left, didn't dream of the massive flooding, so many got saltwater intrusion, I pickled all of them in hot used oil that stopped the corrosion going any further but a certain amount of damage was done, the browning was new in the case, it's an NRA 1 of 200 edition with the gold inlay, I'd love to just get the finish back as it just looks like the red headed stepchild of the gun world. Shoots perfect, I'm in Pensacola, anyone out here I could call?

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Chris who works at Gulf Coast Gun in Milton has a side business where he does cerakote work. I just had him do a pistol slide. Was happy with the work.

Then there is Guardian Custom Coating in Navarre. https://guardiancustomfirearmcoating.com/ I used them a couple of years ago. They also did a good job for me.

I also understand that Grey Man Armory in Milton does cerakote work but I have never used them. Give them a call
    Okay thank you!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do they do it in house or do they send it out?
    Dan does the work himself. Just drop by and go through his endless selections of colors( about 200). He will quote on the spot. Had a buddy drop off a browning shotgun last week. Dan told him 2-3 week turn around due to so much work.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom