Patriot Mobile

Germany: Many fine guns are being scrapped-prices dropping- some being brought to US

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Heard this on Orvis Podcast:

https://orvisdbp.libsyn.com/save-the-fine-guns?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+OrvisDoubleBarrel+(The+Orvis+Hunting+and+Shooting+Podcast)&utm_content=FeedBurner

Seems prices are dropping significantly on some very nice long guns. The podcast describes why.

One element is when a person dies, their guns can only be passed on to a licensed person, quickly. The widow must pass on the gun or turn it in to the government. Unfortunately, the license is expensive and cannot be gotten before the clock runs out on the widow. The widow is a criminal if she does not comply.

Many widows are trying to get rid of them, but few people have the license. Any money is better than none so some fine guns are going for dimes on the dollar.

A doctor from Mobile, AL found a way to importing some (for now).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have always wanted a drilling.
    To import the guns first has to pass into the possession of someone in germany with the right licenses for possession and export. I think for commercial import into the USA I think a license is needed. Perhaps a GI in Germany might be allowed to buy one and import it to the USA.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Inge is at Mobile Infirmary. Just don’t tell your wife you are going to see him less she looks up his specialty.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have always wanted a drilling.
    To import the guns first has to pass into the possession of someone in germany with the right licenses for possession and export. I think for commercial import into the USA I think a license is needed. Perhaps a GI in Germany might be allowed to buy one and import it to the USA.

The interview sort of discusses how they started doing this. I think there is a gunsmith in Germany working with the good Doctor.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heard this on Orvis Podcast:

https://orvisdbp.libsyn.com/save-the-fine-guns?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+OrvisDoubleBarrel+(The+Orvis+Hunting+and+Shooting+Podcast)&utm_content=FeedBurner

Seems prices are dropping significantly on some very nice long guns. The podcast describes why.

One element is when a person dies, their guns can only be passed on to a licensed person, quickly. The widow must pass on the gun or turn it in to the government. Unfortunately, the license is expensive and cannot be gotten before the clock runs out on the widow. The widow is a criminal if she does not comply.

Many widows are trying to get rid of them, but few people have the license. Any money is better than none so some fine guns are going for dimes on the dollar.

A doctor from Mobile, AL found a way to importing some (for now).
    This sounds suspiciously like the scheme Biden is proposing.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not a podcast fan, anybody got the short answer: What drove the Law? Was it the EU or Germany initiated?
    I have no idea. Could have been on the books for years. The situation seems to be a combination of the law(s), less interest in hunting, potential Nazi connection for the older guns that the younger Germans do not like, etc

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems self inflected as major restrictions were put in place after kids did mass shootings at schools.

"A new, even more stringent Weapons Act became effective in 2003.[8] Between 2003 and 2008 it was amended several times for the purpose of facilitating a more effective use of gun registers by law enforcement. The amendments also restricted the rights of heirs to own inherited guns and allowed the authorities of the states to enact special restrictions for especially endangered urban areas.[9] "

"Special safe-storage rules are also in effect for inherited firearms. An heir who is not licensed to possess firearms must prevent the use of the inherited firearm by installing a blocking device. If the heir is licensed, he or she must register the gun within one month of acquisition by inheritance. An unlicensed heir has one month to apply for a weapons-possession license,[61] which will be granted or denied in accordance with the generally prevailing licensing criteria.[62]"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom