Generac Home Generator Repairer in Pensacola?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 20kw natural gas whole house generator. One of the main reasons I bought the house I am in because of it. The problem I have with it is that even with the battery fully charged, it will not set a weekly run time or even start. The lights on the control panel all light up but when I set it the lights just flash on the panel and nothing happens, it doesn't even try to start.

I have called several places for a repairman to come out and they either don't return voicemails, don't work on home generators, or want $200 for a service call and will charge me a service call again when they return with whatever parts they need, which I think is total BS.

Anybody have somebody or a company in the panhandle area they recommend?

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Control board most likely. That's a pretty common problem with those. Its a doable DIY fix. Generac customer service can help you troubleshoot it.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, Craig is the man to see.
    https://plus.google.com/104730556527586343363/about?gl=us&hl=en

I have the 15KW version of that generator, and I have a 15A fuse on the Generator Control Panel. Have you checked this, because it will not start if it's blown?

Also, have you checked the battery terminals to make sure they are tight? The unit I have is notorious for boiling the water out of the battery when it's in charging mode (not running), so check the level in the battery also. Even with low water, a volt meter can read 12VDC, but it may not produce enough amperage to start the engine.

Good luck...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have checked the battery, including pulling it out and putting on a charger to make sure. Shows 13.6V. Everything lights up on the control panel, but it won't start either automatically or manually. I cleaned the terminals and posts and have made sure they are tightly connected.

I have tried calling Craig's three times and left messages with no follow up or return calls.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May be a control board issue...for which I have no advice.
    I WOULD check a few things before I went any further:
    I'd check the oil. Wont turn over if the oil is low.
    If the oil is OK....then shut off the gas for the next 2 tests.
    Jumper from the batt. + to the starter + to see if it will turn over.
    If it turns.... check for ignition by removing a spark plug wire...inserting a bolt into the plug holder.... and watching for a spark between the bolt and the engine block.
    If you succeed in turning the engine, AND have spark, then you have a working engine, and probably have to look at the control board.
    These are just basic small engine 101 test procedures and should cause no damage.
    Good luck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oil is just a bit low. Will fix that when it stops raining. Thanks for the help. I am pretty sure it is a control board issue, but I like to eliminate any other possibilities.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully it's just the oil.
    Manual says it also has 2 fuses that should be checked.
    Might also try customer service....sometimes you don't get any help...but once in a while you get ahold of someone that actually knows what they are doing. Worth a shot.
    Good luck.

D_Shane

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    7.5 amp is an inline fuse under the control panel. Is. The fault light on ? Also check connector between boards. Ive seen those with just enough corrosion to give same symptoms. Just unplug and plug back a few times to break through the "patina" that is on the connectors. Definitely controller related, if you cannot set programming.

Top Bottom