• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does anyone know where I can dispose of approx 125-150 Gal Gas it's almost a year old I've been working to much during covid and need to get this out of my boat for my Outboard is very finicky.

Thanks

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    MY opinion: Assuming it's not got oil mixed with it, pour about 5 gallons at a time into your car/truck fuel tank, thus mixing it with fresher gas and simply use it up. That's what I do with my old generator gas I've had on hand and have never had a problem. I dispose of my old gas that way every May before hurricane season and fill my cans with fresh. Heck, if you and I were close enough, I'd be happy to fill up my one empty 5 gallon can.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MY opinion: Assuming it's not got oil mixed with it, pour about 5 gallons at a time into your car/truck fuel tank, thus mixing it with fresher gas and simply use it up. That's what I do with my old generator gas I've had on hand and have never had a problem. I dispose of my old gas that way every May before hurricane season and fill my cans with fresh. Heck, if you and I were close enough, I'd be happy to fill up my one empty 5 gallon can.
    I just mix some Sta-bil or Heet with it, run it thru a coffee filter for any sediments. Put it into a clean container, add it to some fresh gas and "keep on truckin."

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if it was marine gas, with stabilizer in it, it should be good, but mix it in with your vehicle or mower gas, say 5-7 gallons in 18 gallon tank

your mileage may vary.....the color tells alot, if it is clear, with a very light amber color, you are good, if it looks like dark amber maple syrup, maybe not so good..

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I just used 10 gallons of gas in my truck that I bought just before Sally and I’m still using some in my riding mower with no problems.
    But it was non-ethanol with Stabil in it.

Top Bottom