• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Had some time to kill this afternoon. Wandered around gander for about 10 min checking out their gun stuff.

Who buys there? Their prices are terrible!! I understand sometimes you need something quickly but i was reminded why I stopped going to retail shops.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I stopped going after seeing a PT92 marked as a Beretta 92FS for $700. Also, $800 WASR10s and $700 used Glocks.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    They could easily be my favorite store but I never go in there because of their prices.
    They won't be around much longer.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They could easily be my favorite store but I never go in there because of their prices.
    They won't be around much longer.
    That's what's I've said for a while now...but EVERYTIME I go someone is buying guns...a buddy works there part time and says he sells quite a few every month...the only way I buy at retail places is if I get giftcards

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Those who don't know or don't research go to Gander...nice selection, high prices

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There online Ads at times has pretty good deals and free shipping over $50 spent as mentioned. Also sometimes prices can reflect convenience. Like most dont mind spending $1.89 on a 12 oz bottle of water at your local Tom Thumb

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the Grand opening of the Mobile Gander a few months ago. I was certainly impressed with the selection of their new and used guns. I haven't been back though. The prices are crazy high. Besides I would rather buy from a small business whenever I can. Especially when the prices are cheaper!

blackhawk

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander does sell powder, primers, and some reloading accessories. I have to agree that prices are a little high.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I looked at a used S&W 686 they had on display, noticed a hairline crack in the frame and argued with the salesman for a min. Finally a manager walked up I showed him the crack and he pulled it from the rack. The salesman was still trying to tell us the jagged crack was supposed to be there.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the one here in Pensacola when it first opened. That's the only time I've ever been in one. Gun prices seemed high, wasn't really impressed with anything else.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was in there today, havin a big store wide sale.
    Bianchi pancake for a m&p was only 49$, wonder how much it is not on sale.

Ebay beats those prices, and I don't have to trip over goatees in camo board shorts.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've gotten most of my .22 ammo there since they opened. I live fairly close so it's not really too much out of the way to just stop in sometimes to see if they have any .22. Probably one out of five times that I go in there they have some on the shelves. I've even passed on CCI HV because I have enough now. Ya'll just keep staying away, it's keeping me in .22. :bounce:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Their gun prices are through the roof. But I am always amazed at how many people don't have a clue as to the true value of a gun and what they can be purchase elsewhere for. Enough dumb people out there to keep them in business I suppose!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not surprised at all that they sell firearms for high prices. Most people don't keep up with that sort of thing. If I decided to get serious about Golf, I wouldn't know what a quality putter would cost (I used to). Face it, to get good prices on quality guns you need to study up. We all know what everything will bring, first time buyers or people new that want to invest don't have a clue. It's not their fault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom