• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds about right.. I will miss another one, I've got to work 7 13hour shifts before then. Swing shifts suck.. LOL.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up. Gotta be honest I stopped going to shows some years back. Always completely flooded with people which makes it hard to walk or see anything. Prices always seem to be close to retail, unless you find a decent vendor. The internet provides much more than what I have ever seen at shows as competitive prices, and no shoulder bumping and sweating!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It has always amused me in TX we had Sportsman's Shows, where all your hunting/shooting supplies were sold, they had show specials and the smallest one was 10x's bigger than these. Here it seems these show guys just care about how many they get to pay to get in the door and never try to improve the show, same everytime and they never try to get new vendors in.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has always amused me in TX we had Sportsman's Shows, where all your hunting/shooting supplies were sold, they had show specials and the smallest one was 10x's bigger than these. Here it seems these show guys just care about how many they get to pay to get in the door and never try to improve the show, same everytime and they never try to get new vendors in.

remember how small of a market we are in though....ive talked to many vendors and even the shows in miami and orlando are 5x the size of here, and in Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville those shows are 10-20x bigger....mainly because of the population base

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I wish we would have a sportsman's show of sorts with hunting, fishing, guns, and just general outdoor gear on display and for sale.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sportsman Shows are great. I wish we had them around here. I've been to the one in Jackson, MS several times. Hunting, fishing, for sale stuff, seminars all day long, etc. That one is really an all day event.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Several years ago I went to a "Sportsman's Show" over in the Mobile (?)Civic Center. It was downtown just off the freeway. It was a great show and I was wondering if they ever had anything like that around anymore ...??

JB.....contact Ian(forum admin) for those shirts. I have several and they are great shirts. --- SAWMAN

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I, too have been to Sporting shows. They were the norm when I lived in Connecticut. I believe that gun sales were not that big a part of the show, in that area, but dealers had them. It was a great afternoon spent, though. The CT Department of Natural Resources had a hunter's Safety class, (written section only) and just about every shooting range in the state offered some kind of discount at the show. I also got a permit to fish water company reservoirs at half price. That was instigated by a pair of 2 1/2 lb crappie and a 5 lb smallmouth mounted and displayed at their booth.
    I go to gun shows sometimes, ususally if I'm looking for a gadget or accessory, and would rather not wait for shipping.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard from a good source this weekend that Federal is 100% done with their military contracts for this fiscal year and is now running 100% production for civilian release. What they did is stopped all civilian production when the SHTF and ran strictly military, now that they are done, they are running all civilian. We should be expecting a flood of Federal soon.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aaron, with all the bitching about the show it seems only you and Georgia Arms got high marks, congrats!!

I heard Federal has finished their US Govt. runs however their contract for 6.8 ammo is still under way for their foreign Services contracts. With 32,000 6.8 rifles ordered there are 30-100 rds going thru each weapon for testing, lots of once fired brass coming to market and 90,000 orders in house for it at LWRC...FYI

dsenter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be going to the Milton show this weekend. I heard rumor that there is an individual that buys old collectibles. Does anyone know who this would be and where they are set up at?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I will be going to the Milton show this weekend. I heard rumor that there is an individual that buys old collectibles. Does anyone know who this would be and where they are set up at?

I'm sure if what you are selling is decent, there will be somebody there that will make you an offer. What kind of old collectible are you talking about ?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The last decent gun show I went to was in Pennsylvania, back in 2002. Wasn't much of a shooter then but was a great show. I went to the one here in PC a little while back and was very disappointed. GA arms had good prices but that was about it. Guns all over priced still from the panic. Didn't see a single AR that was decently affordable. But you reap what you sow. Looked like all of the panic 200% over cost buys we're trying to be sold for panic prices still. I get it shit happens but don't try to gouge everyone else because of a panic buy you bought. I'm glad I waited till it was all over!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Doc, I went to all of them a couple times, they are terrible and if people would stop going to each and every one they would make them better instead of just collecting dollars at the door.

dsenter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is a 1939 FB Radom with original holster and extra mag. I have pics listed on this site. If you go to the search and type in FB Radom.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SJ1, What part of Connecticut you from?
    I'm from New Haven county actually Cheshire Connecticut , Spent 53yrs up there. Use to go to the October gun show at Durham fair grounds and Sportsmanship show at the Big E in West Springfield Mass.

Unfortunately the sportsman's show in West Springfield in my opinion didn't do much with firearms . Even with Smith & Wesson , Colt, Ruger , Traditions firearms, any tons of other firearms manufacturers very close by.

You'd think a state with so many firearms manufacturers would have some great shows. I think that there are a lot more shows down here.

Haven't actually been to any yet but hopefully sometime things will get some what back to normal and I can again afford to buy ammo to do some shooting.

Until that time comes I'll stay busy target shooting in the back yard with the pellet gun.

By the way if you find some where down here that makes a good coal or wood fired pizza, Please let me know. I've tried numerous places but still No good pizza found.:smile:

The Hartford sportsmanship show weren't even worth going to unless your a fisherman .

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will be at the Milton Show this coming weekend. I heard Jay's will not be there this time... Hopefully that will free up some space for other cool stuff.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't know about Jays. The one time I went there with a bunch of Jays regulars from work, it was like an effort for them to take care of us. We called ahead since it was one of the guys son I work with was his birthday and we went there to shoot cause he got his son an mp5-22. They wanted to charge me for my kids just for them to step out on the range after we told them they weren't shooting. I looked at him with "the deer in the headlights look". Needless to say it was my last dealings with them.

Top Bottom