• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have wasps like never before! I live on Garcon Point and the house is 10+ feet on piers. I have killed at least 10 nests under my deck and porch. The little bastards are relentless! I looked this morning and there's four new ones. Wtf? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My neighbors don't seem to have the problem...

Steve

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What time of day are you killing them? Unless you do it at night, all the ones that were out foraging just start new nests.

The last few have been at dusk. Gotta admit that the others were killed during the day. This has been going on for almost two months. Everytime i get on the pontoon boat I get popped at least once.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've always heard to spray soapy water over anything you don't want them to build nests in. It leaves a film that they will not nest on.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the tips. Gonna let y'all know if they sting and/or fly at night:) Going to try the soapy water trick also.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasps seem to be especially bad this year. Every time I step into a piece of equipment at work I have to recon the cab. Thanks for the soap idea, I'm gonna try that.

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Paint your outdoor ceilings sky blue. They won't nest there. I had an architect customer explain it to me years ago. I didn't believe it at the time but 5-6 years of observation and I have never seen a wasp nest under a porch that was painted so.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would buy this http://store.pestproducts.com/Product/Bayer-Harmonix-Insect-Spray and then spray it on every bit of exposed wood under your decking and porch. Soak it into the wood good. If this works then every Spring do it again. I have wood decking the wasps use to always build nests under but after a few times of spraying them with the regular wasp killer they quit building. I do go out every spring though and spray the underside of the decking with wasp spray in every corner where they seemed to like to nest before.

Top Bottom