0   0   0
    Item
    French MAS 49/56 .308 conversion

Contact Info
    Text (502) 714-9560

Price
    $550

Item Description
    French MAS 49/56 in .308 with one 10 round magazine and one 20 round FAL magazine (does not currently work with the rifle but I was going to add an FAL mag catch to the rifle if I was going to keep it). It does not run reliably but I have narrowed it down to a rough chamber. A piece of .308 brass will fit 3/4 of the way into the chamber smoothly, then it has a lot of trouble. I imagine you can take it to a gunsmith and get the chamber cleaned up for fairly cheap; I meant to take care of it myself but have been pretty busy lately.

I am selling because I just bought a VEPR .308 and will most likely shoot that exclusively.

Here is your chance to own a budget battle rifle for a fraction of the cost of an M1A. I will be moving to TX in the next week so if it doesn't sell it goes with me.

The rifle itself is in great shape with no defects I could find, aside from the previously mentioned problem.

null_zpsc833b7c8.jpg

null_zps8ab8c909.jpg

null_zpse619b195.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the FAL mag, but realize it will need to have some sort of mag catch installed, whether you solder a MAS catch on the FAL mag or put an FAL catch on the rifle itself.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I used to have one of these and it had the same problem, I took the rifle apart and used a bore mop with real fine valve grinding compound and used an electric drill to polish the roughness out and then it functioned great. it took all the roughness out. you need to use some flitz to finish out the polishing.
    bhk308

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tried using a mop and some compound with very slight results. I will take it to baileys guns this week if I have time. Price is OBO and I will consider trades.

When I first fired the rifle I got through one mag with no problems and it was pretty accurate.

Top Bottom