• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was reading up on FL Lemon laws a while back. Best I can tell it's legal if disclosed to the buyer. Best to look up Florida Lemon Law Uses Cars to get the true 411 though.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Please share the seller.
    I don't know how screwed you are but I suspect best case scenario it'll cost you time and money.

And also, I wouldn't mind hearing the aspect on how it was disclosed.

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FL law if i can remember correctly is if a vehicle's cost of repair after an accident is 70% or more of the value the car, then it;s considered totaled and can't be retitled in FL same goes for a stolen vehicle. That means a car could have frame damage and still be sold.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FL law if i can remember correctly is if a vehicle's cost of repair after an accident is 70% or more of the value the car, then it;s considered totaled and can't be retitled in FL same goes for a stolen vehicle. That means a car could have frame damage and still be sold.

It actually depends on the insurance company. Some insurance companies will actually fix to 100% - salvage value. And some will just do a "contract repair" where they just give you a certain amount, and you are responsible for any supplemental damage. I did 15k worth of damage to my 9k camaro and still had the option to get the car with a clean title. FL law has nothing to do with it until a vehicle is actually branded a total.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    7 years as a used car manager in FL so this is my 2 cents. There is no used car lemon law, it only pertains to new cars. If a car is totaled in Fl it would get a salvage title and anything like this would be listed on a Carfax or Autochex. If in Florida and buying a used car you should have to sign an As Is sheet, do you remember if you signed it? You Maybe able to get some help through the FL consumer agency but that maybe a long shoot. If they sold you a car that was unsafe for the road then that is a whole different story. Please PM me and I will be glad to see if there is anything I can help with. If you bought it in Pensacola I may really be able to help.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Short story
    Friend bought a used car it fell in with the lemon law what he found out was lemon law was about useless even with a lawyer help
    That's about all I know he did not want to toss more good money to get nithing

67 SS 427 Chevelle 《°¿°》

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom