• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stumbled across about 10,000 assorted primers at a pawn shop today. At least three thousand small pistol, more rifle than that, small and large. Think I even saw some magnum. Most were older boxes, but they did have 900 CCI #500s which I wanted to take off their hands. After the guy told me they wanted $20 a box, no deals I decided to let him keep them. They were at Jacks pawn shop and if I had to guess they still are...

I posted this in the "deals" section, because it sounds like Jack would be getting one sweet deal if he can find a buyer! Don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon. Guess I will just pick them up a couple boxes at a time from Ubers for five bucks a piece... -Josh

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think i'd be going back either... 20$ a hundred !!!:faint2: that's Purdy damn bad !!! most old too !!! hope moisture ain't got in'um.................:becky:

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How long to primers last?

I have some Winchester large pistol primers that are about 6 years old. They haven't been stored in a low humidity environment. Is there a way to test them?

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In a controlled enviroment they could last a long time. I have used some that were twenty years old. I used to buy in massive volume and somehow these got pushed to the back of a cabnet. No problems with them. Now if I was shooing for accuracy, or hunting loads I probably wouldnt use them, but for target practice no problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How long to primers last?

I have some Winchester large pistol primers that are about 6 years old. They haven't been stored in a low humidity environment. Is there a way to test them?

That isn't very long for primers, but the storage conditions are what dictates their lifespan. Only way I know of testing them is to press out some rounds and see how they perform. I wouldn't worry about it unless you carry or hunt with your reloads...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just loaded up a bunch of CCI large pistol primers in .44 mag. and .45 ACP that have been in an ammo can for 31 years. They work just as good today as they did in 1982. I picked a dozen at random and loaded just the primers and fired them. They all sounded the same so I loaded them up.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That isn't very long for primers, but the storage conditions are what dictates their lifespan. I wouldn't worry about it unless you carry or hunt with your reloads...
    yep that's it

I only shoot paper to set or correct poa/poi... after that, i'm operating for meat or protection. then they must be worry free !!!:rockon:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom