• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First year of the bright stainless finish from 1985 . My retirement weapon from several years back .
    Pinelog....I retired with the 92FS Beretta. But I bought a Colt Trooper with the FHP # on the butt thru the Kirkman Bldg from Birmingham Pistol. They went fast.

PINELOG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pinelog....I retired with the 92FS Beretta. But I bought a Colt Trooper with the FHP # on the butt thru the Kirkman Bldg from Birmingham Pistol. They went fast.
    Very good . I carried a colt trooper and a colt trooper mark 3 . I had my python held as retirement weapon when they made us go to semi autos . This one also has the fhp number on the frame.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My pops had a Colt Python (blued) he used in the police academy in early 80's. I then used it in 93 in the academy. Still have it and never will get rid of it. Told the kids if any of them sell it, I'll come back and haunt em!!!!

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nfs , just showing it off .
    Sometimes in the late eighties, encased acid etched Pythons were made available to members of the FHP, Game and Freshwater Fish Commission, and Marine Patrol. They were personalized to each department and came with a letter from the Colt Custom Shop. Some of the " better heeled" officers bought one of each. To the best of my memory, mine cost $740....heck, I had to finance it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My pops had a Colt Python (blued) he used in the police academy in early 80's. I then used it in 93 in the academy. Still have it and never will get rid of it. Told the kids if any of them sell it, I'll come back and haunt em!!!!

You can go ahead and let me hold onto it for safe keeping! You can sleep safe knowing that it will be safe with me. :)

PINELOG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes in the late eighties, encased acid etched Pythons were made available to members of the FHP, Game and Freshwater Fish Commission, and Marine Patrol. They were personalized to each department and came with a letter from the Colt Custom Shop. Some of the " better heeled" officers bought one of each. To the best of my memory, mine cost $740....heck, I had to finance it.
    I remember those . My father retired from GFC in 1983 after 30 years . You made a wise investment.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you for your service Pinelog. I was with the FHPA in the mid 80"s. I carried a S&W 586. I wish I still had that pistol. I loved the FHPA but stayed in the Navy instead. I miss the troopers that I rode with. I now have 2 family members who retired with the FHP. The second one retires this month.

PINELOG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for your service Pinelog. I was with the FHPA in the mid 80"s. I carried a S&W 586. I wish I still had that pistol. I loved the FHPA but stayed in the Navy instead. I miss the troopers that I rode with. I now have 2 family members who retired with the FHP. The second one retires this month.
    Thanks for the comments Ron ,as well as your service and that of your family members . I had some great aux Troopers work with me from Miami all the way to Pensacola. And by the way ,I wish I had a s&w 586 also.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the comments Ron ,as well as your service and that of your family members . I had some great aux Troopers work with me from Miami all the way to Pensacola. And by the way ,I wish I had a s&w 586 also.
    I do have a S&W 686 6" Factory bright mirror polished finish which appears to have never been fired. I can't make up my mind if I want to shoot it or not. I bought it on Gunbroker from a estate sale. No box or paperwork. It's killing me trying to decide. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Hi2LshVFGzLs.jpeg
      Hi2LshVFGzLs.jpeg
      76.8 KB · Views: 104
    • rPTLFklR6DgK.jpeg
      rPTLFklR6DgK.jpeg
      102.5 KB · Views: 96
    • 0vH2ZFw4jJaf.jpeg
      0vH2ZFw4jJaf.jpeg
      78.4 KB · Views: 114
    Last edited:

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had it for about 6 months now trying to decide. The poor fella who had it before me sat on it for the past 34 years! Don't know why he never shot it? I guess he passed away and the family decided to sell it. It is a 686 no dash and it has not had the factory recall done on it. I called S&W and they are still willing to do the factory mod for free. I couldn't believe it after all these years. S&W confirmed the date 1986. I know there are a bunch of these pistols out there and that's why I can't seem to make up my mind! Your thoughts?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom