• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mickey D's fish sammitches are much better than Burger King's, X10.

I saw a documentary on how Micky D's fish patties come to be. They were using a 300' Pollack boat and fishing in the Bearing Sea. The boat would net tons of Pollack, conveyor belt them below where 30 people would dehead and gut them.

The fish would then go into a fileting machine that would skin, filet and cut into square patties. The patties would then get breaded, frozen and packed into boxes. The scraps are sold for cat food. When full the ship would port and unload pallets of frozen fish filets.

It was just minutes from net to being frozen for the Pollack patties, quite a production.

RH

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw the same documentary. Was very surprised since I thought it was just made of some sort of fish tasting substance or combination of chemicals!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    not on a ship, but I have seen a show on a Alaska fish factory that processed Pollack on the land, very quick too..that factory was far up north Alaska, very cold there

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been able to order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant. I might give one a try now. However, If I get sick, I'm blaming this thread.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been able to order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant. I might give one a try now. However, If I get sick, I'm blaming this thread.

Actually Mickey D's are pretty good considering. Yes I'd rather have one of Steve's from the old wooden fishing pier but when you're rushed a FF one would have to do, got to be better for you than a pink slime burger.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea yea,,,,This is how it is ,,,I read this post ,,get a craving for a fish samich,,,GO around the corner stand in line only to hear the young lady tell me they were out of fish samiches,,The truck is due any time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I see how yall are tell of a good thing after its all gone ,,,,LoL

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That might be the safest thing to eat at McDonalds.
    I saw a documentary once that said the nutritional value was higher in the paper wrapper than it was in the regular hamburger.
    And the McRib is made from ground up bone, cartilage and scrap and held together with the same adhesive binder that yoga mats were made of.
    Bon appetite'

Top Bottom