Patriot Mobile

FHP - Slow Left Lane Drivers to be Fined!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hazy1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries, like I said it's not personal. I am an extremely courteous driver to those not holding up traffic in the left lane, but for those going slow in the left lane I have ZERO patience and I often turn into a complete asshole toward them. For the past few years, more than 1/2 of the ones I encounter are going slow to leave extra space so that they can "more safely" text, check email, etc. I have strongly considered installing one of the train/air horns to scare the shit out of them as I am passing in the right lane to get around them. My wife routinely requests that I get professional help to more sanely interact with the slow left-laners.

If all drivers would simply make driving their 1st or at least 2nd-3rd priority when behind the wheel, we could all enjoy our daily commutes a little more. I'm truly looking forward to the day when self-driving cars are the norm, as this society is not collectively able to function properly behind the wheel.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find most of this very troubling. Slower vehicles should move out of the left lane, that is the Law, Anyone want to show me where it say its legal to exceed the posted speed limit or when passing? That is not in the Law. If a person is doing the posted speed limit and mob mentality of other drivers exceed that limit, FHP says " slow drivers can cause road rage and safety hazards." The people with road rage, and speeding (or trying to) are creating the hazard. Gun grabber logic is rampant in this issue. You carry your gun legally (at the Limit) but criminal gun use is not addressed (the flow of traffic). People can justify their speeding to themselves but if a speeder or road rage caused the death of a loved one they would be screaming for criminal and civil justice. All this shows the prevalence of the ME, ME, ME mindset that puts personal convenience above the Safety of others and the Law. How hypocritical it is to support law and order only when its to their benefit. Integrity is doing whats right even when nobody is looking.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Only time a friggin' cop is gonna give someone a ticket is if they are in the left lane and slow the cop down from gettin' to the next doughnut shop or to his kids school to pick him up for a ride home in a taxpayers state or county vehicle.

Where does it say that it is LEGAL for a cop to be shittin' and gettin' down the left lane,at least 20 over,WITHOUT lights and siren ?? --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Only time a friggin' cop is gonna give someone a ticket is if they are in the left lane and slow the cop down from gettin' to the next doughnut shop or to his kids school to pick him up for a ride home in a taxpayers state or county vehicle.--- SAWMAN

I figure that's why my friends boss got a ticket the Trooper was late for something and got mad when he was slowed down by someone doing the speed limit. Even better was a girl my wife use to work with and her Deputy Sheriff boyfriend, the played a game on Hwy.98 in Walton county where the Deputy would be driving the speed limit and his girlfriend would be behind him, once they had traffic bunched up behind them she would pass his patrol car and go speeding away and the next sucker that passed him got a ticket. Now all this is second hand from the wife's co-worker but it sounds like there's a little truth in there.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find most of this very troubling. Slower vehicles should move out of the left lane, that is the Law, Anyone want to show me where it say its legal to exceed the posted speed limit or when passing? That is not in the Law. If a person is doing the posted speed limit and mob mentality of other drivers exceed that limit, FHP says " slow drivers can cause road rage and safety hazards." The people with road rage, and speeding (or trying to) are creating the hazard. Gun grabber logic is rampant in this issue. You carry your gun legally (at the Limit) but criminal gun use is not addressed (the flow of traffic). People can justify their speeding to themselves but if a speeder or road rage caused the death of a loved one they would be screaming for criminal and civil justice. All this shows the prevalence of the ME, ME, ME mindset that puts personal convenience above the Safety of others and the Law. How hypocritical it is to support law and order only when its to their benefit. Integrity is doing whats right even when nobody is looking.

Exactly, then on top of that you get the morons who ride your butt while you are passing because apparently you're not passing quickly enough to suit their needs. Those people are a special kind of stupid.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only time a friggin' cop is gonna give someone a ticket is if they are in the left lane and slow the cop down from gettin' to the next doughnut shop or to his kids school to pick him up for a ride home in a taxpayers state or county vehicle.

Where does it say that it is LEGAL for a cop to be shittin' and gettin' down the left lane,at least 20 over,WITHOUT lights and siren ?? --- SAWMAN

Or today when I drove from Denny's back to my house down 9 Mile with a deputy in his SUV riding my back bumper the whole damned way. I did 47 in the 45 zone, 58 in the 55 zone and he still tried to shove me the whole 4 miles. I don't know what he was trying to do unless it was push me enough over the limit to get me ticketed.

Of course, this happened within two minutes of seeing a certain gun forum member in the restaurant making a call on his phone. Coincidence!? Hmmmmmmm

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I never ever ride along in the left lane. I do not need to. I never pass anyone anyway and if I am comitted to the right(slow)lane then I can go just as damned slow as I want to. I usually do this when looking for the next gun shop. Even if I do 5-10 over .... EVERYBODY passes me.

Question ---> can a LEO ticket you for speed if he does not have you on radar ?? Do they have some kind of certified speedo. He is doing 48 in a 50 zone,I pass him,how does he present to a judge that I was going WHAT speed ?? How does he prove that he was going EXACTLY 48 ?? --- SAWMAN
    Edit To Add: Just for the record ...... I have in the past and will continue to show the exact same amount of respect to any LEO as they show to me.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depending on the road sometimes I cruise in the left lane, car does not like bumpy roads. But if someone is coming up behind me on said bumpy road I by all means move over. Never imped the flow of traffic and never do anything to cause another driver to have to take any evasive action.

RH

Top Bottom