• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If that was the case, there are some folks on this forum who would need to worry. I first got my FFL for this very reason - I wanted to liquidate my handgun collection, and I wanted to use USPS to ship handguns. I felt like following the spirit of the law, and do it as a business, since I had acquired many of the firearms with my 03 C&R license, which does not allow selling as a business. Hindsight tells me, I should have just sold them at gunshows over a period of time, and saved myself the paperwork headache.

Some should worry. On a previous forum the ATF used the for sale ads to go after a member who was prosecuted for doing business without an FFL.

800 firearms would do that - an easy way around that would be consignment sales through ffls or an auction.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other posts have said it was paperwork being out of order. How much or how impactful it was being out of order has not been said. If it was only a little out of whack on one occasion, then the ATF is being an ass. If it was numerous violations that had been brought up before and not fixed after being given a reasonable amount of time, then it would be looked at in a different light probably.
    If I understand their current line of "reasoning," they have ruled the paperwork is so simple a caveman could do it. Therefore, they are now viewing mistakes/omissions as some kind of willful criminal act; justification for revocation.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no idea who’s right and who’s wrong , but it appears that big government is shutting down another tax paying business. That seems to be happening with ever increasing speed.
    Well, unless that business benefits government... When I say "benefits," I mean pays/controls them or profits from them.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'd bet there is a period where the government will not let him file. Meaning it could be a year or two before reprocessing? Just guessing at how the government works.

Has to be some way to keep going. Register in wife's name, brother in law, etc

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'd bet there is a period where the government will not let him file. Meaning it could be a year or two before reprocessing? Just guessing at how the government works.

Has to be some way to keep going. Register in wife's name, brother in law, etc

You have to have the “responsible party” process all the paper work.

Best to get a good attorney if he wants to continue. At least that way you have some protection in what you are doing.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Update: I have some ideas to run past Miles when I see him next but it will include a Class Action Lawsuit to be filed. To the rest of us here, I am only asking for information on how to establish a "go fund me' of sorts to assist in legal fees. I have a credible source that has some political connections (conservative pro-2A views) that will be exploring this gaining some speed over the course of next month.

The Reality is that the current Federal Gov't Admin is trying to cut out as many arms and they have long touted their Anti-2A position. What happened to Trade Winds and another local FFL (not named, but identical case) is part of that Anti-2A movement taken into action. They have taken action against us, I am asking us to take action against them with exploring the possibility of funding a Class Action Lawsuit, unless someone has a better idea.

BOTTOM LINE: recommend this entire discussion into taking action, and I am suggesting donation for legal fees and if anyone has other political connections to start petitioning them so they understand what is happening to our local businesses. Miles has had his FFL for almost 49 years, this is not good business and this particular issue is downing in LEGAL/ETHICAL/MORAL questions. I just read recently that Rep. Dan Crenshaw has already called out the current admin with regards to the BATFE's handling of other items that are regulating items outside of the Constitutional body that makes laws ... this is also part of it.

If anyone has a better idea, please chime in ... Thank you for your time

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Update: I have some ideas to run past Miles when I see him next but it will include a Class Action Lawsuit to be filed. To the rest of us here, I am only asking for information on how to establish a "go fund me' of sorts to assist in legal fees. I have a credible source that has some political connections (conservative pro-2A views) that will be exploring this gaining some speed over the course of next month.

The Reality is that the current Federal Gov't Admin is trying to cut out as many arms and they have long touted their Anti-2A position. What happened to Trade Winds and another local FFL (not named, but identical case) is part of that Anti-2A movement taken into action. They have taken action against us, I am asking us to take action against them with exploring the possibility of funding a Class Action Lawsuit, unless someone has a better idea.

BOTTOM LINE: recommend this entire discussion into taking action, and I am suggesting donation for legal fees and if anyone has other political connections to start petitioning them so they understand what is happening to our local businesses. Miles has had his FFL for almost 49 years, this is not good business and this particular issue is downing in LEGAL/ETHICAL/MORAL questions. I just read recently that Rep. Dan Crenshaw has already called out the current admin with regards to the BATFE's handling of other items that are regulating items outside of the Constitutional body that makes laws ... this is also part of it.

If anyone has a better idea, please chime in ... Thank you for your time

Find an attorney firm that will take it on contingency.

If they will then you have a good case. If they won’t then you do not.

Also reach out to NSSF, GOA, and the like.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Contacted the FL State Rep/Senate ... sending email to the US level now. I'm honestly curious how many Florida businesses have been hit by this?

edit: Just completed sending separate emails to US Rep, and both US Senators ...

Last edited:

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I still want to know what the "paperwork" issue was, before I jump on any conclusions.
    I spoke with Miles in detail, I am not sure if the information given was done so in confidence or I can just broadcast it. I will ask him later today

edit:
    This is a US Constitutional issue that is affecting us (Floridians in my case) at the local level. Trade Winds Pawn and Gun owner has had his Federal Firearms License Revoked due to very shady and highly questionable BATFE paperwork tactic. His issue is not the only local Florida business this affects and the current Biden Regime has taken every effort to disarm Americans and Floridians especially. This assault on our
    Constitutional Rights and must be stopped. I implore you to seek justice for this shady paperwork conundrum the Agency has created in order to reduce the number of Firearm dealers. I have sent this same message to my Florida State Rep. Dr. Joel Rudman and Senator Mr. Doug Broxson, US Rep. Mr. Matt Gaetz and US Senators Mr. Rick Scott and Mr. Marco Rubio. This Agency is Federal, but I ask that you inquire further about this and see just how this is impacting our rights at the local level and how widely it impacts us all across the whole State of Florida. I have encouraged the owner to seek legal counsel and explore a Class Action Lawsuit with the other local Firearms Dealer who found themselves as a pawn in the BATFE's game. Something must be done, Respectfully ...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom