DK Firearms

Federal database...get over it and buy new or stay way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe off topic and I don't pay that close attention but it seems to me the forum has had an influx of somewhat "kooky" posters that say weird and strange things in for sale or wtb ads. It used to be rare that I would read something and think no way would I sell or buy from them but it seems to be becoming more common. Just one probably uniformed opinion though.

I'm not specifically calling any particular person out either. Just a trend I've taken notice of but it could just be me.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Meh, we are back on the subject of people that don't know how to structure sales ads and English sentences in general.

I don't personally see what the big deal is on the ads. If it doesn't sound right ask for clarification. If you get a bad feeling about the seller or potential buyer terminate the convo, or if you think it warrants it, PM one of the mods.

In my opinion I don't think you're going to see much ATF fishing, or at least I think I would sense something odd and move on. I have on here but I think it was just a squirrel, not LEO, I don't think ATF guys would come across that bumblingly dumb, even if they were trying to act dumb and bait someone,

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok, so I feel like I need to step in and defend scottt44. Some of you are too quick to judge people or make assumptions based on comments or questions stated on an internet discussion board. I understand that some were just spouting off theories or "could be's" about scottt44, but those did nothing to contribute to the his intended discussion in this thread and just caused further speculation and derailment.

I happened to have a gun that he was looking for and I sold it to him yesterday. He's a very nice gentleman, was happy to answer all of my questions, and willing to sign a bill of sale stating that he's legal to own it. I made all the necessary steps to cover my ass in a private sale when I don't know the other party, but scottt44 didn't give me a single inkling of wrongdoing or anything less than wholesome intentions. I'll be the first person to back out of a deal when I feel things aren't above board, but this wasn't one of those times. I offered him what I believe was a very fair price (as low as I was willing to go) and he was happy with the deal.

I'm happy that he didn't take some things in this thread too personally, otherwise we might have lost a member only days after he joined to gain knowledge.

Ok, back to the original topic: I've found that a lot of the firearms I want are either so specific they have to be ordered online or that they are uncommon enough to not be sold locally, so my name is on plenty of 4473's. Like others have said, I'm active enough on gun-centric forums, discussion boards, etc. that I'm pretty sure those 4473's are the least of my worries.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had no idea I could entertain this many folks for this long.I'm going back up to the pecan orchard and shoot at some more cans.Looks like yall have plenty to do.:pop2:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well, I for one am glad it turned out OK. I was pretty worried there for awhile. Glad to have you scott44. If you ever want a gun that requires a 4473 completed, I do transfers for free for forum members.

Last edited:

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, so I feel like I need to step in and defend scottt44. Some of you are too quick to judge people or make assumptions based on comments or questions stated on an internet discussion board. I understand that some were just spouting off theories or "could be's" about scottt44, but those did nothing to contribute to the his intended discussion in this thread and just caused further speculation and derailment.

I happened to have a gun that he was looking for and I sold it to him yesterday. He's a very nice gentleman, was happy to answer all of my questions, and willing to sign a bill of sale stating that he's legal to own it. I made all the necessary steps to cover my ass in a private sale when I don't know the other party, but scottt44 didn't give me a single inkling of wrongdoing or anything less than wholesome intentions. I'll be the first person to back out of a deal when I feel things aren't above board, but this wasn't one of those times. I offered him what I believe was a very fair price (as low as I was willing to go) and he was happy with the deal.

I'm happy that he didn't take some things in this thread too personally, otherwise we might have lost a member only days after he joined to gain knowledge.

Ok, back to the original topic: I've found that a lot of the firearms I want are either so specific they have to be ordered online or that they are uncommon enough to not be sold locally, so my name is on plenty of 4473's. Like others have said, I'm active enough on gun-centric forums, discussion boards, etc. that I'm pretty sure those 4473's are the least of my worries.

I really appreciate the defense but I really don't need any because I didn't do anything wrong or break one single law.I'm not afraid of the 4473 but if its basically the same difference I'd just as soon opt out,just because I can and not have to say I wish I hadn't someday which hopefully will never come. I got a very fair deal if that matters to any of yall but I cant learn about what I don't have.I can now hit a mtn dew can from 25 yrds almost every 20 tries and havent shot myself so thats progress.Yall need to lighen up.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dontcha just love salesmen? I know I do.:yawn:

I was talking about if you ordered one online, and needed a free transfer, as a favor to forum members. Nothing in it for me. You save sales tax, and transfer fee that way. I don't even carry inventory of new firearms.

Last edited:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Pretty soon the government will be paying "We The People" to go the FFL route. Enticing us to get on record, lol.

So that leads us to the next part of this discussion, for those legal citizens who don't want to be on paper and just rather buy from a non dealer.... who much $$$$$ would it take to convince you otherwise?

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty soon the government will be paying "We The People" to go the FFL route. Enticing us to get on record, lol.

So that leads us to the next part of this discussion, for those legal citizens who don't want to be on paper and just rather buy from a non dealer.... who much $$$$$ would it take to convince you otherwise?

For me it would take more than a single trade to make a difference...If I decided I wanted many different guns I'd go the dealer route for convenience.I'm not a collector or trading kinda guy though.I've had the same three long guns for decades,they do everything I need them to do.The G17 I just got will do everything I need it to do(it's a better gun than I am a pistol marksman) so I'm good for now,never can tell about tomorrow though but I dont see myself needing anything else.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For me it would take more than a single trade to make a difference...If I decided I wanted many different guns I'd go the dealer route for convenience.I'm not a collector or trading kinda guy though.I've had the same three long guns for decades,they do everything I need them to do.The G17 I just got will do everything I need it to do(it's a better gun than I am a pistol marksman) so I'm good for now,never can tell about tomorrow though but I dont see myself needing anything else.

Get a battle rifle or carbine, like an AR, AK, M1A, FAL, etc. It'll help a lot of you decide to get involved in the good fight when it happens.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get a battle rifle or carbine, like an AR, AK, M1A, FAL, etc. It'll help a lot of you decide to get involved in the good fight when it happens.

I just don't have much interest in shooting at the gubmint at this time,I don't think it would work out that well anyway.I get what you're saying though,you just never know.If I do have to shoot at them for some reason a bolt action Springfield .06 is the best I could do.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just don't have much interest in shooting at the gubmint at this time,I don't think it would work out that well anyway.I get what you're saying though,you just never know.If I do have to shoot at them for some reason a bolt action Springfield .06 is the best I could do.

The government won't be the ones to shoot at. They don't want to get involved like that. Once the economy goes up in smoke, so will society. Once that happens, people will group into enclaves and those enclaves will fight.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The government won't be the ones to shoot at. They don't want to get involved like that. Once the economy goes up in smoke, so will society. Once that happens, people will group into enclaves and those enclaves will fight.

Maybe so,its possible.I'm 50 though so if things will just hang together maybe 20 more years I wont have to worry about it.I will try to find an enclave with AK's though,,,,they aint the best at anything but they are pretty good at everything.

Top Bottom