DK Firearms

Ever sold something and later it was used in a crime??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No, but I sold a gen 1 Glock 17 years ago that wound up as a Hollywood prop gun. I have often wondered what movies or TV series it was used in:cool:

*edit: not sure if they make prop guns so they can only fire blanks?

Last edited:

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No, but I sold a gen 1 Glock 17 years ago that wound up as a Hollywood prop gun. I have often wondered what movies or TV series it was used in:cool:

*edit: not sure if they make prop guns so they can only fire blanks?
    Blank guns can kill , Brandon Lee / Bruce Lee's son . 44 to temple ? A friend ( Pastors son belly pressed a 38 blank fired looked like cigar burn . Middle school . As I yelled NO.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not that I know of.

I did write a disability insurance policy on a physician who, a few years later, went crazy and killed his family. He tried to get the policy to pay while he was in prison - but it did not.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i once liberated a 9mm from a "friend" who was strung out on meth. i dont know it it had been used in a crime but was trying to stop that from happening or him hurting someone or himself. i just stowed it away somewhere. years later i sold it to another friend at an incredible price who knew its origins and didnt care.

blackhawk

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not that I know of.

I did write a disability insurance policy on a physician who, a few years later, went crazy and killed his family. He tried to get the policy to pay while he was in prison - but it did not.
    I have distant relatives that have done this.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I hope not, but then I forget who got what and that helps
    This was some good humor on a dark thread. I don't think the few things I have sold have been used in a crime thankfully.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sold a Glenfield Mod 30A to a friend who shot his self with it accidentally
    We were hunting on the river and had just pulled in a open spot between the bushes and he got out of his boat to tie up after we talked about who was going to be where. He had left the 30/30 in his his boat and when he grabbed and pulled it by the barrel it went off. I thought he was a dead man looking at the smoke ring on his chest but God didn’t want him just then. The 150 grain SilverTip went in maybe an 1.5” from his chest and didn’t blowout the artery but just ballooned it. Out of the 4 of us he was the only veteran but he got careless and didn’t properly engage the quarter-cock safety. Fastest time I ever made getting back up the river and then to the Crestview ER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Blank guns can kill , Brandon Lee / Bruce Lee's son . 44 to temple ? A friend ( Pastors son belly pressed a 38 blank fired looked like cigar burn . Middle school . As I yelled NO.
    Yeah I remember it was a punishable offense to shoot an M16 with a BFA (blank firing adapter) too close to somebody in training. Even with a BFA plugging the barrel, there's still pieces of brass crimping that get blown past it and out the barrel. Nobody ever defined "too close" in inches, though. I was patrolling at night down a dirt road and got ambushed by some dumbass laying in a ditch. He didn't have anywhere to go and I couldn't tell in the dark how far away he was. We were training to run into to the ambush, into the muzzle flashes, because that's the only direction out of the interlocking fields of fire. That poor guy prone in the ditch got a 30 round mag full of blanks to the face. I didn't feel sorry one bit. Looking back, we were just kids. Teenagers playing at war, all before 9/11 made it deadly serious a couple years later

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sold a Glenfield Mod 30A to a friend who shot his self with it accidentally
    We were hunting on the river and had just pulled in a open spot between the bushes and he got out of his boat to tie up after we talked about who was going to be where. He had left the 30/30 in his his boat and when he grabbed and pulled it by the barrel it went off. I thought he was a dead man looking at the smoke ring on his chest but God didn’t want him just then. The 150 grain SilverTip went in maybe an 1.5” from his chest and didn’t blowout the artery but just ballooned it. Out of the 4 of us he was the only veteran but he got careless and didn’t properly engage the quarter-cock safety. Fastest time I ever made getting back up the river and then to the Crestview ER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sold an M9 to my cousin who years later shot himself down the back of his leg with it while putting it in his pants pocket

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I had a friend that was a retired police officer and had his favorite pistol stolen out of his vehicle.
    It was used in a holdup in SW P'Cola. It took him 2 years to get it back.
    Should have known better!

It was so nice that you all became friends after he got his gun back from you! How much time did you do for the holdup?

Top Bottom