DK Firearms

Elgin AFB Exchange 22LR Win Bulk 555 $20 Limit two. APR 5-11.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice!! I be there is a line on the morning of the 5th!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Every G.I. and their bro will be there too...I'm wondering if there will ne any left to be sold when I get up there after work...

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The new advertisement to get people in the doors. Ammo. Just the fact that you will have a few boxes is enough to get people to stand in line and more. Just like those elusive Black Friday deals on cheap electronics. It's Black Friday every day for ammo shipments. Craziness!!!!!

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they are getting better at the bx with AMMO supply but 22 is still few and far between. I doubt they will have any on the 5th unless they got a HUGE shipment of 5 boxes in to sell to the first couple folks.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had a 10% off ammo last time and had 5.56 late in the week but it was limited to one box per person. This time the Bulk packs are at a limit of two. Good deal.

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Unfortunately.....

The Eglin BX will not have the 22 ammo for sale, they don't have any at all to sell! I work on-base and one of my co-workers first went to the BX gun counter and asked the salesman there about the 22 ammo being on sale, and the salesman didn't even know they were having any for sale. My co-worker then called the BX customer service desk and asked them about it, and they said that they don't know when they are going to be getting any of the 22 ammo and they're not giving out rainchecks for when it does show up. :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may be right and there will be no .22, BUT your info sources may be wrong too. Worker bee's are not the all knowing big guns. The Gun/ammo folks have been getting beat up and dogged for months. If I were them I would plead ignorance too. All that said, The Powers that run the Show plan stock inventories well in advance of promoted sales. That they hold sale promotional items in the "back" to ensure availability on the sale date. This is nothing new or just about ammo: its just normal retail procedure. The Sales flyer says it will be there. It is up to you where you place your faith. I'm 90 miles out so I will not know the status but someone will post if its there or not. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

http://aafes.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vaf13/i23/p18

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was just there. Guess what, no 22. Surprise. They will be saying those words all day as well as answering " aren't they on sale today". :) one after the other everyone saying the same thing. Also, only 44 rounds in stock. None of the other calibers either.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks...I was going to drive there from Hurlbert Field on an extended lunch break but guess I don't have to now...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Was just there. Guess what, no 22. Surprise. They will be saying those words all day as well as answering " aren't they on sale today". :) one after the other everyone saying the same thing. Also, only 44 rounds in stock. None of the other calibers either.

Hate to hear that. I was hoping you guys would score big. Like that old Ann Murray song - "I'm Ready for a Little Good News Today".

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i would agree that it was there, but gone instantly. I just sold 30,000 rounds of 22 in 6 business hours, getting another 75,000 on monday I dont expect to last the day, and another 40,000 in on Tuesday. If I have any 22 left by Thursday it would be a surprise at this point.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are you getting for your 22LR ammo?:scared:

i would agree that it was there, but gone instantly. I just sold 30,000 rounds of 22 in 6 business hours, getting another 75,000 on monday I dont expect to last the day, and another 40,000 in on Tuesday. If I have any 22 left by Thursday it would be a surprise at this point.

Top Bottom