• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got in and assembled my 6 ton A frame press, plus the JSTactical die set to form the domed baffles. It is not difficult when you figure out how to fit the die with the un-formed plugs into the press under the jack. The thing I like about the die set is that it includes a sizing tube with it so the skirt can not open up to a bigger size than the titanium D size tube. But I did have to drive the new baffles down inside the tube. I made the 358 baffles with one pass of the drill bit as the 7/16 bit centered itself inside the dome. I still have to test the system but it looks good. Went by this morning and bought all the plugs in town from all the auto parts stores.:roll:
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had intended to post pictures of the die set and domed baffles, but alas no pictures. So I took some and this is a dies set, shown as three pieces on the left with two domed baffles on the right, L-R. The first is as formed, the second is as drilled for the 308 size baffle. The point of the dome goes towards the muzzle of the barrel. There are two mods that I have seen, four 1/8 inch holes drilled at 12, 3, 6 and 9 around the edge or the edge of the dome cut in a scolloped pattern or a combination of the two, I figure to start plain and go from there. The forst set made for the 358 MGP has the 2 inch stainless blast chamber installed before the first domed baffle.
    Ed

Attachments

• JS Baffle die w domed baffles.JPG
      JS Baffle die w domed baffles.JPG
      45.8 KB · Views: 244
    Top Bottom