• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It is so great to see everyone's thoughts on this. Interesting how they do change.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don’t disagree that tax revenue could be better spent. This is true on all levels, actually.
    And I won’t go into my thoughts on the county commission.
    But I will say that I plan to move to SRC sometime in the next year, specifically because of the property taxes and infrastructure and if I have it my way, my parents will make the move from Texas as well.
    I’ll let that speak for itself.
    Just because we are the best around, doesn’t mean we are the best we could be.

My wife and I are trying are hardest to get her mom to come here.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    I’m actually all about a flat sales tax for everything.
    Get rid of the vast majority of the IRS and tax EVERYONE at the EXACT SAME rate.
    Punishing success is duckin bullpoo
    Same rate for everyone as long as it's fair. Poor people don't need to pay 28%. They would need a welfare increase, which is more tax somewhere.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    They're going to price out those families in those trailers. They won't be able to afford the property taxes. That is what's immoral. The working class gotta live somewhere

Nothing is fair anymore. It's all cutthroat. Those trailers will eventually be soldand moved or bulldozed to build a nice house on the only lot left for sale.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    That was true when and where she said it, but that was not in America. Her government doesn't have reserve currency status. America just borrows and prints more money with no intentions of ever paying it back. China will eventually be successful in causing our great grandchildren to lose the Reserve Currency status and the dollar will then cease to exist before America ever gets close to paying off even a tenth of the debt

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    You think the developers are causing a mess, dot is going to start repairs/upgrades on the bridges into pace. Widening and will have bike Lanes.
    Starts Jan 3 and goes into 2025 for completion. 2025!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    You think the developers are causing a mess, dot is going to start repairs/upgrades on the bridges into pace. Widening and will have bike Lanes.
    That will for sure slow down people moving from Pensacola to Pace. Much the same way having the 3 mile bridge closed forced many to move to the Pensacola side just to keep their jobs and avoid a 3 hour commute. Problem is nobody with half million dollar houses in Pace wants the poor bicycle traffic from Pensacola and there isn't enough recreational bicycle traffic to justify the millions spent. It'll be a million dollars just in asphalt and dirt work just for the bike lanes.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bike lanes would be a great thing.
    Just as long as I could legally drive my truck down the middle of them.
    Get to it smart guys !! --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    That money could be better spent 4 laning Woodbine Road.
    I’m retired so don’t hafta make that daily trek to Pensacola anymore, thank God.
    On the bright side, they did bridge work several years ago and put up temporary steel bridges. Traffic moved pretty well.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Woodbine should of been 4 lanes 10 or 15 years ago just to handle what has been happening to the area in the last 10-15 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I moved to Pace in 1993. I didn't buy in the Woodbine area because I drove Woodbine Springs rd. at 0700 to see what the traffic was like. That was 28 years ago, traffic was bad then at rush hours.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I moved to Pace in 1993. I didn't buy in the Woodbine area because I drove Woodbine Springs rd. at 0700 to see what the traffic was like. That was 28 years ago, traffic was bad then at rush hours.
    I never had a problem if I left for work by 7:00 but it was backed up if I waited till 7:15.
    Most of the time I left by 5:30 to go to the gym so it was no problem.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That "convoluted" "debt is slavery and taxes are debt" attitude isn't my attitude. It's God's. Read the Holy Word of God. You know what it also says? It says that Christians will always be different from the rest of the world and that worldly men will always hate us Christians and that worldly men will never understand Christian ways. Guess what Sawman, the Founding Fathers are probably rolling in their graves over the enslavement of America. One Nation Under God. They knew who God was. They founded a new nation on Godly principles. They sent 13 colonies to war with the reigning super power over a 10% tax rate. Add it all up (state, local and federal) and you and I and all of us are living under a 40% tax rate... and you relish, love and accept that it is going even higher! Sawman, if it was 1775 I'd be asking you: "Where's your red coat?"
    Just the fact that your income is taxed,(fortunately there is not a state income tax here in FL) then you are taxed on almost all goods & services after should seem wrong to most. Add to that your property taxes (even if you own your piece of land or home outright) has school taxes in it. I have never had a kid in public school and never will.
    Another good example is a vehicle, taxes are paid from manufacturer, taxes are paid from first owner. 1st owner sells, taxes paid again when retitled and registered over and over. Why is the same item being taxed over and over?
    Same with a house or land

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Had a friend runes a title company tell me they using the term it is the second coming of the carpet baggers, because a lot of the big money is coming from the north.
    You are correct. My wife is a realtor and she has had a lot of clients lately fleeing blue states, with cash.

Top Bottom