• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok what do you do? Leave it in the car. Can you go in with it unloaded? Really don't want to leave any kind of gun in a car to get taken so do you just leave it at home.

Thanks in advance.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why can't you carry in a gun show? Pretty sure state law (FL) doesn't prohibit it. Don't know about AL.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Concealed carry is just that. Do what you're comfortable with. Is someone who's planning on doing wrong going to check their stuff at the door? If it's against the law, you've got a choice to make.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I assume the people putting on the show are concerned that a person might have an ND while showing their gun to someone, or pulling it out for holster fit, etc.? I know there have been a few NDs at shows thought they were extremely rare.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It's called hypocrisy. They make tons of money renting out tables for people to sell guns. They make tons of money giving pathetic "classes" that barely teach anybody anything, let alone how to handle a gun and yet they don't want you carrying on THEIR property.
    If all property owners felt this way, who would bother getting a permit ? Nobody would need their "class".
    Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called hypocrisy. They make tons of money renting out tables for people to sell guns. They make tons of money giving pathetic "classes" that barely teach anybody anything, let alone how to handle a gun and yet they don't want you carrying on THEIR property.
    If all property owners felt this way, who would bother getting a permit ? Nobody would need their "class".
    Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Exactly what I was thinking. My gun show is the internet. I don't go to them anymore. Now a sportsman show like if there was an ATA show or some hunting or fishing than yeah but gun show more than likely I will pass.

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last time I went to the FWB gun show I was a little freaked out at the entrance. The guy directly in front of me was asked by the deputies at the door if he had any weapons or ammo. His answer was to whip out his .380 and show the first deputy, pointing the muzzle directly at the deputy. He asked if he should leave it with the deputy. The deputy didn't even bat an eye, just told him to either leave it in his car or unload and secure it with a tie strap. The guy dropped the mag out and cycled the round out of the chamber, keeping the muzzle on the deputy the whole time. The second deputy must have read the "WTF" look on my face cause he looked at me and just subtly shook his head. For an instant I thought I had a ring side seat to a gun fight. Glad the deputies are so well disciplined and patient in our area.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last time I went to the FWB gun show I was a little freaked out at the entrance. The guy directly in front of me was asked by the deputies at the door if he had any weapons or ammo
    Ahhhhhh! That's where they get you. LEO at the front door. No duty to inform but if If a LEO asks you if you are carrying you are required to answer.

The deputy didn't even bat an eye, just told him to either leave it in his car or unload and secure it with a tie strap.
    Yeah, great security plan there. Tie it up with a zip tie and stick it in your pocket... because we all know that little pocket knife your carrying isn't capable of cutting the zip tie so you can reload and reholster your firearm in the bathroom. What a bunch of moronic ass clowns. Stupidity knows no limits.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I assume the show producers have NDs in mind when they make that decision. That's all I can figure. Otherwise, I don't know why they wouldn't allow it.

Top Bottom