• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A/C in a C7 seemed to have been fine in a short 30 drive, park.... get back in car 15 minutes later and is noticeably not blowing as cooler air.... still strong air flow just not cooler... when compressor kicks in now it sounds off from what I remember.... looking up contact info for Sansing, any A/C guys stand out for recommendation?

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Prell Auto Air just off Mobile Hwy at the circle does good work but I would think you rich guys would just buy a new Corvette and not be bothered with it.
    hahahaha, Well, the world needs ditch diggers too...... Thanks Steve, calling around and will add them to the list.... speaking of rich, how's retired life? miss us yet??

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I have a friend that was at sandyland for 20 years. He's now the service manager at sandy mazda. One of 2 GM world class mechanics in Florida He does work on the side cheaper than the dealer but stays busy. Prell would be my choice in a hurry but everyone is busy with a wait.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    hahahaha, Well, the world needs ditch diggers too...... Thanks Steve, calling around and will add them to the list.... speaking of rich, how's retired life? miss us yet??
    I highly recommend it Clint.
    I do miss some of the people but I’ll get over it.

DKirkland1212

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try checking for blown fuses or broken/loose compressor belt. Is there any oily residue (leak) on the AC hose fittings? The owner's manual may be of some limited assistance. Youtube has helped me save lots of money in the past by showing me how to fix things myself. If all else fails, give DeBroux Automotive on North Davis Hwy a call at (850) 477-3317. They have saved me a ton of money over the years by being honest and charging resonable rates.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes debroux auto is great. CJ is a mechanic there and he is GM certified. Rodney is the owner and a great guy. All honest folks

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    thanks for all of the great advice, even the 2-140 A/C ......lol... here' where I'm at..... went to friends house with proper gauges last night and looked at system.... very small amount of the fluid on the LP port.... wiped it off and set gauges and found system was low... we charged it up with just a small bit of refrigerant and AC temp went from 70 to 40 ..... cancelled the dealership appointment for today and watching the valve on the LP port as possible culprit... buddy has device that allows us to change those... anything more than that goes to one of the AC dealers y'all have recommended... thank again for the help....

Top Bottom