• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody's gotta coach me here. When I first started to carry, a Hawaiian shirt was perfect. I just looked like the jolly, goofy, fat guy in a funky shirt. I've lost almost 100 pounds since then and put on some muscles and I'm getting closer to that V shape.. Now, I look like some Magnum PI wannabe in a Hawaiian shirt and I feel like it screams, "GUN!". Almost all of my t-shirts now are more form fitting and won't work for cover up. The wife won't let me wear my big, old, nasty, comfy shirts and I'm not really the Columbia fishing shirt kind of guy and those still make me feel like I'm being stared at and searched to see if I'm carrying.
    I usually carry a Keltec P-11 in an IWB Kydex holster but just bought a larger Sar B6P compact that I'd love to carry when I get a similar holster for it. It's about the size of an Officer model 1911, but a hair thicker.
    Can some of you guys post pics or suggestions for a few shirts that work well for concealing and don't just scream "GUN!". I thought it'd be easier when I lost weight, but it just isn't.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ditch the schmediums hoss and buy a bigger shirt. Maybe a tall size

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep - carry the gun close to your body. forward cant works better to conceal for me. Get a larger shirt or a smaller gun. Most people just diddy bop around and are oblivious to their surroundings, so even if you print, almost no one will notice.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm not particularly fat but I like my shirts big. I can't stand a form fitting shirt. Just looks goofy to me.
    Honestly, nobody is looking to see if you are carrying a gun, even the other CCW's aren't looking. Like was said earlier, most are oblivious to their surroundings.
    So either get a bigger shirt or just don't worry about it. It's a problem that doesn't exist.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody's gotta coach me here. When I first started to carry, a Hawaiian shirt was perfect. I just looked like the jolly, goofy, fat guy in a funky shirt. I've lost almost 100 pounds since then and put on some muscles and I'm getting closer to that V shape.. Now, I look like some Magnum PI wannabe in a Hawaiian shirt and I feel like it screams, "GUN!". Almost all of my t-shirts now are more form fitting and won't work for cover up. The wife won't let me wear my big, old, nasty, comfy shirts and I'm not really the Columbia fishing shirt kind of guy and those still make me feel like I'm being stared at and searched to see if I'm carrying.
    I usually carry a Keltec P-11 in an IWB Kydex holster but just bought a larger Sar B6P compact that I'd love to carry when I get a similar holster for it. It's about the size of an Officer model 1911, but a hair thicker.
    Can some of you guys post pics or suggestions for a few shirts that work well for concealing and don't just scream "GUN!". I thought it'd be easier when I lost weight, but it just isn't.

Forget about fashion. Get yourself a Stealth Defense concealed carry holster. It will fit most commonly used concealed carry handguns, and if used properly be undetectable AND VERY comfortable, with any style dress. Talk to Al Vennemeyer at www.stealthdefenseholsters.com

[I am not an employee or relative--Only a very happy user!!]

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    even the other CCW's aren't looking.

Actually, it's a pretty common game amongst carriers. But I agree, John Q Public will not notice printing. Another suggestion of you don't already have one is a good sturdy gun belt.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hip Pocket carry with your shirt tail out - Sig P238, P938, Springfield XDs 9 or 45 or any of the other smaller guns

Carrying on the waist is great but requires a cover garment like the Hawaiian shirt

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Forget about fashion. Get yourself a Stealth Defense concealed carry holster. It will fit most commonly used concealed carry handguns, and if used properly be undetectable AND VERY comfortable, with any style dress. Talk to Al Vennemeyer at www.stealthdefenseholsters.com

[I am not an employee or relative--Only a very happy user!!]

Thanks for posting this, I think I'll be getting one of those holsters.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    People are not looking at you sizing up if you have a gun or not. Unless you are happy in your clothes with the proper carry gun and holster you will not carry all the time and that thinking will get you hurt. No one cares, no one is looking, be comfortable and go with it. I have 3 different carry guns and decide what to carry with what I am wearing for concealment.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I printed all the time with the xd I had. I now carry a ruger gp100 & s&w 910 (5906) and they print less due to holster choice. I always wear jeans and a tshirt or button up untucked.

Try carrying higher up on your hip. I noticed with different holsters, the grip of the gun fits better above my love-handles

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I first started carrying I worried about printing all the time. I know I print a lot when I carry my 19 and no one has ever even come close to noticing. I wear medium sized shirts. I prefer my glock 19 in a belly band holster appendix carry.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO some of this may be in your head.

When I first started carrying I was very worried about printing, thought that people were looking, noticing etc, especially here at work (carrying IWB with a leather/ kydex hybrid holster and my shirt tucked).

Over the past 6 years or so I have realized that the only people who notice are those who are either carrying themselves, know me, or are law enforcement, and its usually the clips from the holster that give me away, not the outline of my pistol printing through my shirt. Even on a day like today where I am carrying my Glock 19, instead of my 238, XDS, Shield, or other pocket gun, I am able to interact with customers without getting a second glance.

On weekends, I typically carry a smaller pistol under a t-shirt without any issues, I am ~6'2" 185 pounds and as long as I am not wearing one of my extra medium shirts, I am good to go.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is excellent for anyone doing lots of physical movement. I suggest you go to the web site and watch the videos---they are accurate, without exaggeration.

I did and that's what I was curious about, it's not like infomercials that the product doesn't perform in real life like in their add.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO some of this may be in your head.

When I first started carrying I was very worried about printing, thought that people were looking, noticing etc, especially here at work (carrying IWB with a leather/ kydex hybrid holster and my shirt tucked).

Over the past 6 years or so I have realized that the only people who notice are those who are either carrying themselves, know me, or are law enforcement, and its usually the clips from the holster that give me away, not the outline of my pistol printing through my shirt. Even on a day like today where I am carrying my Glock 19, instead of my 238, XDS, Shield, or other pocket gun, I am able to interact with customers without getting a second glance.

On weekends, I typically carry a smaller pistol under a t-shirt without any issues, I am ~6'2" 185 pounds and as long as I am not wearing one of my extra medium shirts, I am good to go.

Knowing Hoss, then yes, its in his head.

J/K my brutha.

These guys are right. Youre being too self concious. No one pays any attention and if they do, it doesn't bother me.

Ryan7721

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my thoughts...but so what if you print? I know for a fact some of my shirts print big time and I'm certainly not concerned about it. I've got zero issue if someone else knows I'm carrying.

There's no legal issue, and if Joe Citizen sees it, well then...uh...congrats? I just mean there's no real downside to printing vs being completely 100% undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom