• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't wait to try my hand at it, but I still have to find 2 lowers at a reasonable price.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My father in law jumped on board as well. He paid around 80 out the door on an Anderson lower from jays believe it or not. David at TGD has other brands in stock. And I would check with Nate at Lil Jacks also

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All they had was the expensive ones, the guy in milton has some andersons comming 65 otd

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bailey? I havent been to his new location, I think my dad went by there today. I'll have to stop in and see his new place.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All 3 completed

ForumRunner_20141206_123947.png

The other goodies.

ForumRunner_20141206_124007.png

For those endeavoring a budget build, this is just an example of one way to do it. Each rifle has been completed with a rear magpul flip up sight and at least 1 Troy magazine, each under $500.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141206_123947.png
      ForumRunner_20141206_123947.png
      232.8 KB · Views: 127
    • ForumRunner_20141206_124007.png
      ForumRunner_20141206_124007.png
      134.7 KB · Views: 126
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Kenny,

It is good to show that this can be accomplished if you plan and shop wisely. Take advantage of every sale you can find and hold out until the right sales comes along. There have been some builds that I have done where it has taken a year or more to gather parts. Planning and resources/network are essential. If it was not for some of the people I have been in contact for a long time, I would have been up a creek at times. Low budget good quality builds are possible. Congrats on all three builds. How about optics? Anything in the future?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    for right now they're iron sight rifles. Older brother picked up an MFT flip-up rear sight for his already, so he gets 4 magazines with the rifle to meet budget. Younger brother and my rifle both will get a Magpul flip-up sight and 2 mags each to meet budget. Mine will likely wear a red-dot or a 1-4x or something of the sort. Not quite sure how I'll dress it out as I've never owned a mid-length before (besides my 6.8, its a mid-length, but different caliber). I kinda wanna do something different, maybe a fixed stock, low magnification scope, etc.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    for right now they're iron sight rifles. Older brother picked up an MFT flip-up rear sight for his already, so he gets 4 magazines with the rifle to meet budget. Younger brother and my rifle both will get a Magpul flip-up sight and 2 mags each to meet budget. Mine will likely wear a red-dot or a 1-4x or something of the sort. Not quite sure how I'll dress it out as I've never owned a mid-length before (besides my 6.8, its a mid-length, but different caliber). I kinda wanna do something different, maybe a fixed stock, low magnification scope, etc.

To go along with your budget minded builds, you may want to look at the Primary Arms line of red-dots and 1-4x24 scope. I have been impressed with the ones I own and have owned. Their Classic 30mm red-dot is like an Aimpoint M3 clone. It comes free with a high mount for 1/3 co-witness. It is only $69.99. https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_30mm_Red_Dot_p/primary-arms-30mm-red-dot.htm

The PA 1-4x24 is $119.99.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_1_4X_24_Illuminated_Scope_PA14X_p/pa14x.htm

On the add a mount drop-down menu, you can choose the American Defense RECON 30mm QD mount for $149.99. That is $30 less than ordering it separately. This is the one I use.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_ADRECON_30MM_p/ad-recon-30.htm

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think right now I'm just going to keep it an iron sight rifle. I may even end up just sticking a carry handle on it and calling it a day (although I have the magpul BUIS). Probably end up changing the furniture with something less tacky, which again is an objective call more than anything. Like you, but on a much smaller scale, I have others and dont want this one to end up being "just like" the others. Something has to differentiate it from the others.

I been liking the new gray MOE groups from Magpul. That along with a stainless flash hider/brake would set this thing off!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PSA was sure quick to ship all the kits, but the case of ammo I ordered as yet to be processed???

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had good luck for the most part with PSA, but I ordered like 20 mags one time and they were processing for a while and another friend that ordered after me got his. I sent them a email and they said my order went into their "junk" section somehow. Got a tracking number that day.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the rest of the parts that fit into budget. 2 rear sights and 6 magazines. All 3 rifles and miscellaneous parts under $1500.

added the rear sight, magazine, and a red-dot I had to one of them.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to add a stainless muzzle device, takedown pins, and maybe forward assist to it to tie in the stainless barrel.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought the youngest brother a Browning reflex site today. Pretty cool. It has 4 different reticle and was super crisp and bright. Just hope it handles recoil well. Went for the 30mm Truglo dot but ended up with the browning for only 10 dollars more.

He will enjoy it

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got a couple lowers and put them together. On a scale of 1-10 in difficultally, I would say it was a 3 at the most. all went well and pretty easy with only basic tools. I got cocky on the second build and had 1 spring fly, but found it luckily. 1st one took about 45 mins, 2nd only about 20 mins. Looks to be pretty decent kits and should be great shooters. Thanks for the heads up Kenny. I am sure the uppers require a little more skill and tools to build.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not really much more skill, just a different tool or two. Nothing real special.

Here's a picture of my friends we put together.

ForumRunner_20141221_152205.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141221_152205.png
      ForumRunner_20141221_152205.png
      142.8 KB · Views: 117
    Top Bottom