Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Price
    $25-$35
    Item Location
    Navarre FL
    All three have been kept in a protective container since purchase. They have never been used, carried, or sharpened.
    All have Cor-Ex nylon sheaths with belt loops, polypropylene handles, and baked on, rust resistant matte finishes. Cold Steel uses impact resistant carbon steel, not Chinese mystery steel. Cold Steel Machetes are built to use (see Youtube).

The Tactical Wakizashi has a grippy, maintenance free handle. No rattle or blade play. $30 firm
    Discontinued Smatchet. This is a chopper designed for branches, limbs, and small trees. It is not flexible. $35 firm
    Black Bear Bowie Machete. This like a big knife that can do light chopping. The blade is not flexible. $25 firm

No Trades please. All purchases must be in person. Thanks Mike.

Wakizashi
    Smatchet
    Bowie Machete

20240205_161156.jpg 20240205_160846.jpg 20240205_161445.jpg 20240205_161714.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I wonder if could stipple those handles, like a Glock frame

mwhich50

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can't think of any way to duplicate plastic injection mold stippling.
    I've used a dremel to put jimping on an older knife. It worked fine, but looks sloppy.
    The handles on the black bear, and smatchet have very fine stippling that create pretty good traction. The downward curve on the end of the handle, and guard under the blade should keep your hand from slipping off the end, or onto the blade. I keep a paracord lanyard on my users, for extra insurance.
    Agressive stippling on the handle would destroy your hand, during heavy use.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I can't think of any way to duplicate plastic injection mold stippling.
    I've used a dremel to put jimping on an older knife. It worked fine, but looks sloppy.
    The handles on the black bear, and smatchet have very fine stippling that create pretty good traction. The downward curve on the end of the handle, and guard under the blade should keep your hand from slipping off the end, or onto the blade. I keep a paracord lanyard on my users, for extra insurance.
    Aggressive stippling on the handle would destroy your hand, during heavy use.
    or add some gnarly hands.

Top Bottom