• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    CMMG, INC. ANNOUNCES NEW POLICY ON STATE REGULATION OF FIREARMS

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and all law abiding gun owners in our country are currently under assault. Since the horrible tragedy in Connecticut, politicians and media alike are actively demonizing and criminalizing citizens of these great United States who are exercising their rights under the Second Amendment. The emotional responses and decisions being made right now are extremely dangerous and short sighted.

As individual states elect to pass more restrictive gun laws, CMMG will adhere to each state’s regulations. However, CMMG has made a policy decision that it will not supply products to law enforcement agencies in states that have enacted legislation preventing individual citizens from owning similar firearms. CMMG will no longer provide these agencies with firearms, magazines or any other products that are restricted or no longer available to civilians. CMMG will not stand by on the sidelines and let America’s rights be stripped away. CMMG will not support states that have police departments and law enforcement agencies arming themselves with firearms and weapons that are not available to law abiding citizens. CMMG does not believe in separate classes of citizens and will not engage in sales to states that enact legislation promoting that belief.

CMMG will, however, make exceptions to police departments and law enforcement agencies that have taken a public stand refusing to recognize or enforce unconstitutional firearm restrictions. Agencies making this stand are putting their careers on the line to take a constitutional stand for all Americans as fellow citizens. Abraham Lincoln spoke on June 16, 1858, and stated that "a house divided against itself cannot stand;” CMMG supports those who support our freedom.

CMMG, as industry partners, and gun owners (including law enforcement agencies), need to stand up and stand together to counter this assault on our freedom and our constitutional rights. The Constitution is the supreme legal authority in our land, and we are bound by its words. It states in the Preamble that it was written to "form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.” The Founding Fathers agreed the best way to establish this was through the Bill of Rights which includes the Second Amendment. Let us take this stand together, unified, to continue allowing this country to be the beacon of freedom to the world.

Sixgun

Marksman
    It's nice to see all these companies join together and try to snuff out bad regulation, but this is a hack of an idea. It's sad they are putting law enforcement in the middle. They aren't the politicians that are proposing this garbage.

This is new, CMMG to provide an exception to departments only if they publicly side with the "2nd Amendment", which to them I assume means the right to own "anything" without regulation or restriction. This could potentially cause them to alienate their employees, leadership, and citizens of their jurisdiction all so they can order CMMG products, I don't think so. They don't shit gold, sell it for steel, and they never will.

How many LEO's must we place at a potential risk due to lack of current armament before their district congressional leaders will consider and repeal legislation? Who knows.. Is this the route we should support to accomplish this goal? These guys risk their lives to protect our ass, and those that don't have the ability like your Gma. Ya thats right, Your Gma might need somebody on her six one day. Or keeping DUI's off the road that your kids ride on each day. This is bull shit.

Sure it's America, your business, sell how you want within the laws of the land. If I were a CoP in a restricted state that was looking for some armament, it damn sure wouldn't be coming from them, before or after this hack of a proposal. Same for goes for Larue too.

-1 CMMG.
    -1 Larue.

Doomsday

Shooter
    +1 and my business for companies that tell these government agencies to pound sand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

Shooter
    Clearly the gun grabbers have plants at all the pro second amendment sites these days...see above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Hey Sixgun......Isn't some of the police associations and/or unions strongly in favor of tighter restriction on our gun ownership rights ?? And....seems that every time I see Da Bro standing up spewing his shit,I see a whole bunch of grinning cops standing behind him applauding so hard it makes their hands bleed. Da Bro has gotten so damed many BJ's from these cops it's just sickening.

Of course I could be wrong. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    How many LEO's must we place at a potential risk due to lack of current armament before their district congressional leaders will consider and repeal legislation? Who knows.. .

How many citizens that don't wear a badge are at risk due to the assinine laws put in place by these crazy looney politicians. A LOT more than the LE community!!!!!!!

A LE officer is just another person like me. He gets up and goes to work. He eats, sleeps, takes a crap just like me. There should be no different classes of citizens. LE or not.

FNHman

Marksman
    There should be no different classes of citizens. LE or not.

No doubt!

Glad to see more company's not supporting LEO's who fail to protect citizens constitutional right to arms that clearly states "shall not be infringed".

If it was my business I would stop all sells to the cowards who failed to protect citizens rights.

flyandscuba

Master
    Hey sixgun -- as far as I'm concerned, police departments in places like NY where the citizens are limited to 7 bullets or less -- can all go back to "sixgun" revolvers!

SAWMAN

Master
    Ok...here it is...... --> Although I know that the US Supreme Court has ruled that the cops ARE NOT responsible for my personal protection OR the direct protection of my family,I want to help them. The weapons that they carry, and otherwise have access to, is exactly what I ALSO need to protect myself and my family. Since they are not mandated to protect me and you,the lowly "civilians", the firearms and mags that they carry MUST be available to them to.....?.....yep,that's right...to protect themselves.

I want to help out the cops as much as I can. I want to make it so that they will not have to worry about 1421 Sunlight Circle. They can therefore concentrate on the other things that they have to do during their "patrol". I NEED to know that the cops support my RIGHT to self protection by supporting me in my quest for firearms and magazine EQUALITY.

Sooooo...to the police officers out there...AND...their benevolent associations,and their union bosses....do you support me in that you will go to Congress and Da Bro and tell them to allow me(the lowly civilian) to own and carry the same weapons that you get to protect yourselves ????

Some police officers actually have done this. So it is actually possible. Of course some police officers still feel that the ordinary people do not have the same right as them. Hey....just a thought. What do police officers do when they go 10-7 at home ?? Do they switch to the same firearms that the "others" are allowed to own,and with the same mag capacity ?? In New York if they hear a bump in the night,is it "blessed" by the politicians that they can use a mag cap of OVER 7rds to protect their family or do they have to abide by the same laws as the "ordinary people" ?? Hmmmmmm ????? Somebody needs to research this. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

oilyocean

Shooter
    bravo to any company or business that does this--if it causes some LEO issues then they need to speak out against their people making these stupid laws. I think if police support a mag cap then move to somewhere that applies--Britain and parts of europe come to mind. Personally I think this will make the politicians clam up and quit wasting money on a useless issue.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Hey Sixgun......Isn't some of the police associations and/or unions strongly in favor of tighter restriction on our gun ownership rights ?? And....seems that every time I see Da Bro standing up spewing his shit,I see a whole bunch of grinning cops standing behind him applauding so hard it makes their hands bleed. Da Bro has gotten so damed many BJ's from these cops it's just sickening.

Of course I could be wrong. --- SAWMAN

This is true, there are a lot of LEO's that praise this legislation and I can understand why they would feel this way after seeing advanced armament fall into the wrong hands day after day. I'm not one of them. The Fraternal Order of Police from what I read are some of the worst offenders and unfortunately are one of the largest representations of LEO's across our country. Certainly they have spent a lot of time down on their knee's these past couple weeks offering prostate massages to democrats, but If you've ever seen an evidence room a majority of the confiscated weapons are not of military design, but are mainly Sat night specials and sawed off short barrel shotguns. Lot's of duck tape... seem's to be a theme. Grips, hand guards, lasers.. All duck taped.

I just disagree going after LEO's to push the hand of a legislator. Especially when it is in regards to the tools they need to protect them self's and others.

Hey sixgun -- as far as I'm concerned, police departments in places like NY where the citizens are limited to 7 bullets or less -- can all go back to "sixgun" revolvers!

lol. Tactical single action. I read not long ago there are LEO's in Texas that still utilize a lever action though I've never seen it myself.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Especially when it is in regards to the tools they need to protect them self's and others.

But we don't deserve tools to protect ourselves? After all, when seconds count a cop is only minutes away.

SAWMAN

Master
    As you yourself stated in your above....."if you've ever seen an evidence room a majority of the confiscated weapons are NOT of military design, but are mainly Sat night specials and sawed off short barreled shotguns." Well.....short barreled shotguns are already extremely well regulated and Sat night specials.....????

Then why aren't the police lobbying against these guns and against the people that they confiscated them from,AND against the judges that allow these scum bags to walk our streets just to kill more cops. When is the last time you have seen a news conferance with a cop union rep standing out front and 50 cops standing behind him smileing and clapping when he stated he wanted to have a judge thrown off the bench for putting the scum bags back out on the street ??? Instead the cops want lower cap mags and do not want to allow me to have the same weapon that they feel they need to adequately protect themselves with. Can't you see what is so damned wrong with this. Can't you understand what the non elite,non best of the best are so steamed up about. Heck....I simply want to be equal to the cops. Isn't that my right ?? NO ...why not ?? --- SAWMAN

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    To any and all, including me. We are preaching to the choir here.

I just know all of you are writing your congressmen, paying your NRA dues, and donating to the NRA-ILA. Not one word anyone types here accomplishes anything other than venting.

Top Bottom