• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read the Steyn article an the full Brit Think Tank Guys letter. It does make perfect sense in tha absence of any other motive, insperation or mental halth issue. There is only one oversite considering they covered the all angles of the detailed prep and motive trail. I feel that his desire to leave no motive trail was more important then continuing to fire longer into the crowd. When one Security Officer got near the door (probably seen on cam/vid: he fired 40 rounds thrugh the door and adjoining walls injuring the Officer the allegedly shot himself and no further shots cam from the room. Paddock was not being shot at from within the hotel, there was no beech team near the door. In essence no direct physical threat to him existed but he shot himself (alleged) so he would not be taken alive and provide a opportunity to get a motive from him. He had to die to in order to ensure there was no motive was found.

Even if he left a note saying it was a planned largest massacre to show the evil thing that can be done with guns, it would not change the current issues being pushed. The 2A Supporters would say its a deliberate setup killing Americans to push a failed anti-gun agenda . The gun grabbers would say so what, it's still the worse gun massacre of civillians in modern times and we want to ban everything bla, bla, bla.

So the "anti-gun motive " theory really doesn't shift the current issue if true, just puts a check in the box.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we find out if he was registered as a voter or who he voted for over the years, even if he voted?

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    InfoWars "experts". Laffable soley on the information they present. They reference sound that was recorded and reference the microphone of those devices picking up lower db gunfire the picking up louder gunfire. What about the Stage Concert microphones (several) picking up the gunfire db then within milliseconds delay AMPLIFYING that db and blasting it out of those concert/arena speaker surrounding the area! We know the difference between the noise (report) at the muzzle and the suppersonic "crack" down range, they obviously don't. I went into accustics and ballistics in post #93, no need to repeat it all here.

Show a bunch of bullet impact spalling marks in the concrete walkways that don't allign with the trajectory from the two windows. The strong impacts will be direct unobstructed hits. Lighter hits are due to ricochet or prior object penetration. Bullets can do strange changes in direction depending on what they hit, their impact angle andthe angle of the material hit. That said, there still can't be dozens of magic bullets (ref:JFK). Ballistics will tell the story. Of course if conspiracy is desired then evidence can't be trusted either.

1) The loudspeakers were nowhere near the cab, now where they? Yet the sound (to anyone who has experience with these things) is largely direct with some early reflections, rather than diffuse from being distant resulting from being mostly reflected from distant objects. Don't buy that? Then ask any human being without a political agenda what different shots in the tape sounded like. They won't be able to testify whether the nearer ones were 50 feet or 100, or the distant non-echo ones were 300 or 1000 feet. But the ordinary hunan being without political agenda, can reliably tell the difference between near and far when the difference is this drastic.

2) So your theory is that microphoned on a stage hundreds of yards away picked up a sound and then amplified this where, hundreds of yards away from the speakers and much closer to the point that fire allegedly came from, it was far louder from the speakers than from the gun?

You do know about feedback, don't you?

Obviously not.

There is a reason that theory hasn't been published anywhere except by you. It's absurd on its face to anyone who has ever learned the first thing about sound reinforcement.

P.S. My husband wrote this. He is a recording engineer with a 20 years recording experience.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your Post #203

1. I don't know where you got the perception I support or am pushing some political agenda. I commented on a Linked article thats pushing a multiple shooter premis with no hard evidence and "debatable" ballistic acoustics which is what I was doing. You and Hubby are more then welcome to express you position in support multiple shooters if thats you thing. To date its officially B.S. but we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

2. I have more then a little time with ballistics fieldcraft and have had my share of giving and receiving in the bush and the Ville. Thats a bit different then being a card carrying engineer. We know smart phone microphones at different locations also picked the muzzle report and the supersonic "crack" and different db loudness and varing gunfire sound types. Your saying all quality stage audio equipment is not as good as a smart phone? Feedback like proximity and looped signal is not the case. Its not one volley of fire in repetitious waves making a loop. We have seperate volleys and each is picked up amplified and projected by the speakers. If the system was not creating feedback signal loops during the concert from a varity of sources and was taking the little vocal db and making the place roar: I think it would pick up the gunfire and do the same exact thing. The Stage microphone was one of several potential ballistic acoustic possibilities and I referenced them being in Post 93.

I saw/heard a cabby vid, I don't know if its the one you are refering to. I don't know his specific location in relation to the two firing locations Paddock used which were on different exterior faces of the building. What route did he drive? Was he under structure at different times? Did he actually drive closer or were the gun fire sound wave not obstructed when the get louder? Maybe it was just a rifle change from .223 to .308. Cabby vid on it own provided no proof of a second shooter.

Please ask your husband if these variables can affect the sound waves and sound levels perceived and recorded at different locations.
    Respectfully,
    WR
    A. He changes location between the two windows.
    B. He changes rifles from .223 to 308. The db levels are close but the actual acoustic footprint is different, you can here the difference.
    C. May hav fired .223 from one side of the building and .308 from the other. This would maintain magazine caliber integrity.
    D. He may have fired with muzzle outside the window.
    E. May have fired with muzzle inside the room (some rifles had bipods)
    D. Sound wave echo will vary due to the near and far structures AND which shooting position it originated from.
    There are more variables but I hope you understand what their affect can be away from the source.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Richochet

This isn't great quality but its several calibes being fired from a mile away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KRsSWlOp8E4

Thank you! I don't support any theory and only have knowledge on psychology but I am very interested in all challenges to this puzzle.
    I showed him your post and he didn't really want to get involved but really did not agree so I just wanted to see his perspective. I am sorry he came across like that but it was my fault because I goaded him to do something he wasn't in the mood for.

Perhaps I have to wait for a better moment to see if he is more receptive.

I appreciate your ballistic knowledge and insights.

I am at present somewhat aghast about the new version on the security guard being shot r4 times through the door and then he started the mass shooting.
    How was something like that overlooked? The guy was shot in the leg, it's not like he was in a coma and couldn't tell the sequence of events.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "How was something like that overlooked? The guy was shot in the leg, it's not like he was in a coma and couldn't tell the sequence of events."

I don't recall the security guard having a press conference right after the event.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just saying question everything, don't believe what they tell you to believe. Operation Mockingbird is a CIA operation that controls the media, it's not a conspiracy just the facts, man. Sheep!

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

My husband said he thought you were talking about the sound on this video:

[video]https://youtu.be/5hXJhnNRu1E[/video]

There is another video with a sound analysis of this cab driver recording which if I can't find now on my break I will post later after work because it is in my husband's history.

I thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this is the video of the sound analysis and where the cab driver was possibly parked:
    [video]https://youtu.be/DKsqBeXlqe4[/video]

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So now they are saying the security guard was shot in the leg six minutes before the mass shootings start. The guard was on that floor for other reasons and not because of this shooter. Of course this assumes that everyone's watch was synchronized.

He shot the guard by spraying 40 rounds through the hotel wall. So now I wonder how the security guard could have identified the shooter.
    Interesting development.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the .223 shell casing laying in the pool of blood from paddocks head needs a good answer..

the timing of this is suspicious also to me, timed almost right on top of the bundy family trial in NV....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom