• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Something I ment to post about several months ago. May not be an issue with quality shotguns.
    When you fully seat the screw in choke take a copper wire bend it into an L shape and slide it down the bore thru the choke. Feeling to see if there is a lip or gap between the choke and the bore.
    I'm no expert but I believe you should not be able to feel a gap.
    I had this happen on a midland single shot 12ga, mobil choke. When replacing the factory full choke with a turkey choke. -Did not shoot it-
    I always think about this when someone has a choke stuck in the gun and wonder.
    Something to check.
    Ymmv.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Something I ment to post about several months ago. May not be an issue with quality shotguns.
    When you fully seat the screw in choke take a copper wire bend it into an L shape and slide it down the bore thru the choke. Feeling to see if there is a lip or gap between the choke and the bore.
    I'm no expert but I believe you should not be able to feel a gap.
    I had this happen on a midland single shot 12ga, mobil choke. When replacing the factory full choke with a turkey choke. -Did not shoot it-
    I always think about this when someone has a choke stuck in the gun and wonder.
    Something to check.
    Ymmv.
    Yeah I think about it alot as I think about how the Kentucky Ballistics guy got bloated up with his 50 using sabot SLAP rounds with a brake. (At least I think that's what they determined it was finally last I heard.) I guess it too snagged.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Kentucky ballistics guy said the round was loaded too hot and exceeded the pressure the gun was rated for.
    Yeah I also heard someone under loaded it maybe also and if flashed over inside too fast and went off like a bomb.
    But yeah looked like it was packed with RDX or something. Pretty wild.
    I've heard 3 different reasons at different times they settled on. From 3 different sources. Then I lost track of it all.
    I wonder if they opened any others he had to see what was inside?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah I also heard someone under loaded it maybe also and if flashed over inside too fast and went off like a bomb.
    But yeah looked like it was packed with RDX or something. Pretty wild.
    I've heard 3 different reasons at different times they settled on. From 3 different sources. Then I lost track of it all.
    I wonder if they opened any others he had to see what was inside?
    Yeah but he basically was using a pipe bomb rifle to begin with.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah but he basically was using a pipe bomb rifle to begin with.
    Yeah. I was watching a video Serbu release later where his welds was busting and was sent back for repair. He showed how he was do the repair welds basically. But, he didn't wrap the welds. A minor addition to any welds that makes them like 3-5 × stronger. All buy just adding a collar.
    When people mentioned to do so, he kinda went of a sassy rant about how it didn't need them and hes an engineer. People said if that was the case why did they break lol.
    Sometimes people who insist they know everything and not listen to advice on how to improve things, even tho they're smart... are the dumbest kind there is.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Anyway. Back to chokes. If yall are bored check your shotguns and let me know. Maybe it's normal to have a gap behind the choke. Between the choke and the smooth barrel? I'll definitely be checking the turkish shotgun when I get home.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah. I was watching a video Serbu release later where his welds was busting and was sent back for repair. He showed how he was do the repair welds basically. But, he didn't wrap the welds. A minor addition to any welds that makes them like 3-5 × stronger. All buy just adding a collar.
    When people mentioned to do so, he kinda went of a sassy rant about how it didn't need them and hes an engineer. People said if that was the case why did they break lol.
    Sometimes people who insist they know everything and not listen to advice on how to improve things, even tho they're smart... are the dumbest kind there is.
    It reminds me of the saying that anyone can build a bridge that will stand for 100 years but it takes an engineer to build one that will barely stand up now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom