Patriot Mobile

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Well with one of mine I have no choice. Can't mod it to a slick tube. Only mod would be chop the tube off. Factory built. Great shooter too. View attachment 204920

Is anything in that fake buffer tube? Take a sawzall to the bottom of it, clean it up with a file, fill it in with epoxy and make it a rounded cylinder. Paint it and then sleeve it with rubber or foam and nobody would know what a hatchet job it looks like under it

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Are any AR-pistols on the shelves at an FFL now considered SBR's if they have a factory brace on them? What if the FFL isn't licensed to sell NFA items? Are they just removing the brace and leaving a bare buffer tube or since they're already pistols on their purchase history, are they allowed to sell them as such, sending the burden of 'registering' them to the A-F-T on the purchaser since there's a 120 day period?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Are any AR-pistols on the shelves at an FFL now considered SBR's if they have a factory brace on them? What if the FFL isn't licensed to sell NFA items? Are they just removing the brace and leaving a bare buffer tube or since they're already pistols on their purchase history, are they allowed to sell them as such, sending the burden of 'registering' them to the A-F-T on the purchaser since there's a 120 day period?

As I understand this BS:

There is supposedly a 60-day grace period for FFLs to sell their inventory.

Once the rule hits the Federal Registry website, those firearms are classified as SBRs.

After 120-days, the firearm must be submitted for SBR status, destroyed, surrendered to LEO, or somehow deconfigured. I’m not sure yet on what is acceptable. No time today to read the insomnia-cure that is Federal regs/Laws...

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1

So they want to not just ban braces but ass-salt rifles too. Amnesty registration smells fishy.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't register nothing yet. The lawsuits are coming and this isn't going to stick.
    I understand what your sentiment is, but if the bump stock thing is anything to go by, that took five years. And that's not even completely settled. I get it, they can't come after X-million AR/AK/other braced pistol owners over night, but five years is a long time for them to make examples out of a lot of people, especially after the amnesty period ends, and before real hearings actually start. And you know they can move really fast when they want to make examples out of ordinary citizens.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I understand what your sentiment is, but if the bump stock thing is anything to go by, that took five years. And that's not even completely settled. I get it, they can't come after X-million AR/AK/other braced pistol owners over night, but five years is a long time for them to make examples out of a lot of people, especially after the amnesty period ends, and before real hearings actually start. And you know they can move really fast when they want to make examples out of ordinary citizens.
    If this were about braces, then they would want you to register the brace just like a suppressor. Make no mistake, this is to create a gun registry. Registry leads to confiscation. History has proven this multiple times. It never ends well.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Yes sir they sure can move fast. Each color represents a different agency that responded and the real numbers of how many agents they responded with

Screenshot_20221122-104821.png

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    This is exactly what is going on. Brace is form 1, suppressor form 4.
    It's all about registering the firearm. They want a registration. That's why they've been copying the 4473's. We all know where this is leading. It may have started earlier but it all kicked into high gear when Obama made the statement about people clinging to their Bibles and guns. The statement pissed me off and made me start paying attention. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

So they want to not just ban braces but ass-salt rifles too. Amnesty registration smells fishy.
    He's trash and he knows he doesn't have the votes. Well he may not know that. But his handlers do I'm sure.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't think Gaetz has the votes to repeal the ATF. Though I appreciate his efforts.
    I think the best current path for the ATF is defunding.
    Probably not but at least it's a start. There's nothing the ATF does that our local Sheriff's department can't do. Our Federal Government has become to large. Our local Sheriffs answer to their constituents. The ATF has become a tool for political parties.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Probably not but at least it's a start. There's nothing the ATF does that our local Sheriff's department can't do. Our Federal Government has become to large. Our local Sheriffs answer to their constituents. The ATF has become a tool for commie bastards....
    fixed it for you...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    seems like there are only about 6-8 people handling Form 1s now in this region, with 1 doing most. It takes big gubment to believe they can process all of these forms in a timely manor. Probably are going to need at least 8 more people...maybe de-funding should be changed to reallocating like so many want to do with other agencies

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't think Gaetz has the votes to repeal the ATF. Though I appreciate his efforts.
    I think the best current path for the ATF is defunding.
    R's don't have the votes to do jack, so they come off the ropes to look tough.

They didn't do anything from '16-18 when they could have walked stuff through without question.

Top Bottom