• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Guy sets up a meet watch him drive past me several times. Then try to tell me he thinks price is a little high on the rifle , scope, dies, ammo and bullets for 400. I tell him ok make an offer. Tries to offer me 250 and says he thought I knew he just wanted to take a look at it.
    I can go sell the barrel for what he just offered for the whole package. If someone wants to just look at it you can meet me 2 minutes from my house not 25.

JWrecks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Man, seeing you taking your ball and going home on those three For Sale Ads sucks a lot. I hope you have more luck in the future.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Man, seeing you taking your ball and going home on those three For Sale Ads sucks a lot. I hope you have more luck in the future.
    Lot of folks want to spitball, ask if it's available and then you don't hear back. I mean if I remember , 'll reach out a few times because I get it life happens, the system gets a little wonky, or whatever and doesn't show a message.

Like I told the capt at the prison, gas money I can get back, the one thing ya don't waste is my time.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    If I made a drive by pass 3X why didn't you signal me? Geez. I said you were not the only black Toyota 4 runner in the lot. The other 4 runner was closer to the agreed upon meet location. You were not in the agreed upon location or lot. Geez. You were in the wrong location. Give me a brake. You made a buying mistake. That doesn't obligate me in the least to pay an inflated price. Messages will reveal you pursued my interest and picked the location to meet. My suggestion was to meet in Pace Rte 90 and Woodbine Rd.. You wanted to meet at Academy. I was clear that I wanted to see what you had before I committed. The item condition was less than ad implied. The double entendre is in the title of this thread, "Bluesbrother less than impressed" with described condition, absolutely true. You read more into my interest to look than I intended. Accurate communication is king.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Because when I tried to signal you were apparently off in lala land not paying attention , pulled out in front of a car .
    I had also told you the lot I had parked in I parked there as I was the only vehicle there at the time I arrived.
    Had you made a reasonable offer maybe but 400 dollars for a rifle, scope, ammo, dies and reloading bullets is far from inflated. That's disregarding the fact that also at no point in time were you interested in the rifle only.
    At no point in time did you state anything about just wanting to take a look either in the pms or on the phone when we spoke.

If you feel that you made your intentions CLEARLY known I'd love to see these messages posted up for everyone to verify. Here's the problem at no point did you just say you wanted to SEE the rifle or as I've told folks in the past I wouldn't have even bothered setting a meet.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    I'm not playing anymore. We are not going to reach detente. Our perspectives are opposite. Stuff happens. I have more than a few very successful meet ups. GLWS

BTW. I think it's worth pointing out in the event it was overlooked. I was invited to make an offer. see quote thread #1 "I tell him ok make an offer.". In this venue buying/selling is adversarial. Not so much at Mike's or Wal-Mart. No negotiating takes place there. In this situation I advocate for the buyer not the seller. By answering the question what's your offer was I expected to present a price that was in the seller's favor? Don't ask the question if you're not prepared for the answer.

"Like I told the capt at the prison, gas money I can get back, the one thing ya don't waste is my time." quote thread #3. If not wasting time is of primary importance to you why did you watch me drive around searching for you while parked in the wrong lot? You were parked in a lot you unilaterally chose for yourself by yourself. You just park in the wrong lot and complain about wasting time. No lala land, No lala land. I'm searching for someone that isn't where he said he would be and wasting my time.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To each their own .... HOWEVER .... if I had an item for sale and the other "doooode" wanted a meet up "just to look at it" i'd be inclined to feel that he was not a serious buyer and promply tell him to forkhoff.
    Same with a lower offer while standing in the parking lot.
    If I am a potential buyer,I make it very clear "after close inspection". At which point I will take apart the weapon or politely ask the seller to do it.
    If OTHER THAN ADVERTISED,I could possibly make him a counter offer.
    If he sez 95% and I feel the weapon is 75%,that is intentional deception and I will pass.
    If he wants to give me negative feedback ..... oh well. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always ask a buyer if they are satisfied with the item they are purchasing, if they are not then I don’t want to sell it to them. I believe that 95% of the folks I’ve sold to have stated that the item was in better condition than I said in my add.
    I also don’t negotiate price , if you aren’t satisfied then we won’t make the deal. As I’ve said several times in the past this isn’t a business to me it’s a hobby , nothing more.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jd don't argue with this man. You are not the first to have a less than memorable experience with BB. You are just the first one to post.

Idoono
    In 1983 U.S Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan said, "everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." The facts are if your item is priced fairly it will sell. This of course is subjective. If it doesn't sell it's time to reflect. This fact was also noted in #2 of this thread. Just sayin'

Last edited:

JWrecks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In 1983 U.S Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan said, "everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." The facts are if your item is priced fairly it will sell. If it doesn't sell it's time to reflect. This fact was also noted in #2 of this thread. Just sayin'
    Lol, That's not what I said. Don't bring me back into this!

Top Bottom