• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For the "longer" range animals I have a .30-378Wby Mag shooting a 220gr bullet > 3200fps. Or a 28" bbl'ed 7MM Rem Mag shooting a 140gr NosPart >3000fps. The closer range stuff gets a 440gr WFNGC out of my 500S&W Mag rifle or a 405gr hardcast out of a 45-70.

Forgot to add...if I am ever invited to a 400+lb hog shoot I will grab my 10ga "carbine". It will launch a 766gr slug at 1280fps, and will cut a 3/4 inch hole going in. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC00711.jpg
      DSC00711.jpg
      209.5 KB · Views: 173
    Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frickin gives me the shivers just lookin at it! I kinda like them sawed offs too Sawman. but I dought that's where you take your name from.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i use my 458 socom for short range with the TTSX barnes. if i have to go long range i use my 338 Spectre with a TTSX in that. i love that TTSX round for everything i hunt.

images_zpsb639e61c.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    for long range i like my 338win mag shooting 225gr. Nosler Accubonds and for up close and personal i will use my 458win mag. with a 500gr Nosler Partition

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i love my 458 win mag but i have never taken it elk hunting. always seemed a bit much. im saving it for my trip to africa

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    itsazonic, I'm gonna have to talk to you one day soon re. that Spectre. Got a great "spare" lower sitting in my safe with nothing to do. --- SAWMAN

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't taken it hunting yet but i love to shoot my BAR with C/T silvertip 168gr. im shooting same hole groups out past 150 yards.

itsazonic, I'm gonna have to talk to you one day soon re. that Spectre. Got a great "spare" lower sitting in my safe with nothing to do. --- SAWMAN

anything you want to know just ask. i love my spectre. shoots so amazing. im in the process of reinventing an obsolete cartridge with another guy. i haven't shot my ARs much lately because i have been working on this a lot. going to be well worth it

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    270 is real nice too. never had my own but have used my friends for hogs and a mule deer hunt. they are great. not sure i would take it to africa but great for north america

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The .270, with the correct bullet, like the 30-06, will easily and cleanly take all African game with the exceptions of
    elephant, lion, hippo and cape buffalo. Personally, I am not mad enough at elephants to kill one. You could kill a lion with the .270 but I'd rather have something much larger. For the other two, .416 Rigby or better.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah, either are great. most places i have looked at for african guides won't let you carry anything less than a 375 H&H for big game hunting. thats why i got 2 and a 458. i wanted to get a 270 but i have a few 30-06 so i never did. i think i still have 270 ammo laying around from using my friends rifle. since he got rid of it the ammo just collects dust till i need it again

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its my opinion Im not stepping into the woods of Alaska or the plains of Africa with anything that shoots a caliber that doesnt start with the number 4

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about the .577 Tyranosaur. 10,500 ft#s of energy, and if you miss, you probably won't be concsious though the animal attack.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about the .577 Tyranosaur. 10,500 ft#s of energy, and if you miss, you probably won't be concsious though the animal attack.

I had one of these for a while. the A-Square Hannibal. Awesome rifle. I sold it not too long ago to a friend who just wanted it for conversation reasons. we used to shoot it every so often at the range. I have seen the videos and they are so full of shit. I have shot it with no problems. It kicks hard but not as bad as they make it seem.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom